• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Beluga Whale: Brendonak's Alaska '79 245 Build

Updates! Both on the car and some activities.

Plans were to instal the hard intercooler pipes from the twins, install the Yoshifab MBC, set both that and wastegate to as low as pressure as possible, instal boost and narrowband AFR gauge, and get fired up for sending out the R-Sport cluster to have some work done on it.

I was instaling the oil pressure sender and turns out I need no sort of elbow for the sender to clear the alt!
8dMMmigh.jpg

Loose idea
nMtVVrGh.jpg

New hose installed. I swear, next move is to get those blue jobs from that Swede site, do away with this used part business.

So here's a big issue, condensation in the gauges, check it out. Also the volt gauge was pegged at 10, and the speedo was nuts. Should I just run the car longer and hotter? It was run with the heater on, normal driving.
KqAE8Xzh.jpg

Cr54Qyjh.jpg

SXzMwrHh.mp4

Getting there!
km4MaFzh.jpg

I almost forgot our time at The Thermal Club. Check it out...P.S. I'm taking my car down there at some point...

c4****eh.jpg

Dad is standing in front. Didn't run, but man what a neat car.

ppv5enCh.jpg

tTQp4Rph.jpg

Our lapping buddy on the right, couple from WA

VGX2k3hh.jpg

The lady and our track rat, 718 GTS

An 8 person group from Arizona, nice peeps, the Dodge was the fastest.

e4Xz1sNh.jpg

MZqXmKFh.jpg

Turns out the HMSA (historic motor sport accociation) had a weekend here. Check these out.

Bx7bmZUh.jpg

Bw6JghCh.jpg

wFiFCKbh.jpg

Goddamn fastest car out there

H5NO3pOh.jpg

My personal fav

xMN4WFmh.jpg

Of course someone shoved an Porsche motor and brakes into a Vanagon!

Y97mNnnh.jpg

Zqr2R9Hh.jpg

FY4V5khh.jpg

That's a 512 BB-LM, and a 458 Challenge
jEKm72th.jpg

They did build a few T3 buses with a 3.2 engine and a G915 in the Porsche factory at this time. Ask me how I now.
Way better and complicated more than this blue one.
Perfect ride in my mind.

You seems to have fun, nice cars with a lot of money involvedo.
Good luck Kay

P.S. buy proper clamps to your Volvo

Proper clamps?

I recall a video of a bunch of T3's going around Spa and at least two of them having Porsche swaps. Where those ever available in the US? I suspect not. We have an 89 and 90 syncro, I always thought a 2.2 Subaru motor would be such a nice upgrade that wouldn't overpower the vehicle.

They did build a few T3 buses with a 3.2 engine and a G915 in the Porsche factory at this time. Ask me how I now.
Way better and complicated more than this blue one.
Perfect ride in my mind.

You seems to have fun, nice cars with a lot of money involvedo.
Good luck Kay

P.S. buy proper clamps to your Volvo

Aside from those, Oettinger (originally contracted by VW) sold a few 6 cylinder wasserboxer kits/performance vans.

I recall a video of a bunch of T3's going around Spa and at least two of them having Porsche swaps. Where those ever available in the US? I suspect not. We have an 89 and 90 syncro, I always thought a 2.2 Subaru motor would be such a nice upgrade that wouldn't overpower the vehicle.

We want pictures of the syncro's (I do, at least)!

Having ridden in a stock 2.1 vanagon as well as a WRX powered one and an ej22 powered one, the WRX makes for quite a sleeper and the ej22 behaves and feels like a vanagon was meant to be. It feels like a good running type-4 powered late bay window- when you put your foot down, the rear end squats a little bit and you actually accelerate.

Oettinger... same as the cheap German beer company?

Different. Originally known as Okrasa, they changed their name at some point. They're best known for their dual port/dual carb setups for the 25/36/40hp VW air-cooled engines.

Yes ABA or this https://www.marshfasteners.com/stainless-steel-fasteners-boat-building/

The original flat 6 from Porsche is called Berta zweiunddrei?ig
B32

They build a few.

Oettinger, yes Okrasa in the past, did even build T3 with their Flat 6 and this cars are registered as "Oettinger" as the brand!
I have one original Oettinger 3.2 Syncro 16 (!!) in my workshop, they made really few of them.
The owner and I try to get this on the road next summer, hopefully.
I prefer the Porsche 3.2 still.
I've even build a 3.6 synchro 14 one.

Way too expensive to me, I own a Ford Transit V8 for this reason ;-)

Faster as a T3 and way more dangerous to drive

Good luck

Back