• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rare Volvo parts that you have!

y7NLSN3l.jpg

Rare oh**** handle? NIB ya probably, you guys tell me

Last edited:
Not that rare. It was standard equipment for all P1800 & 1800S. It only works with carb heads as the pipe connects to a block off plate that isn't on the injected heads. There is a different version for injected engines but it was an option on those cars.

They are commonly removed because the heat exchanger fails and water and oil mix.

Last edited:
Not that rare. It was standard equipment for all P1800 & 1800S. It only works with carb heads as the pipe connects to a block off plate that isn't on the injected heads. There is a different version for injected engines but it was an option on those cars.

They are commonly removed because the heat exchanger fails and water and oil mix.

Lame. Well I guess it?ll be a $40 wall ornament.

Volvo 240 Chrome Valve Cover Kjet

Picked this chrome valve cover from the junkyard the other day for Kjet engine. I would say the condition is good. Not sure if I want to keep it or sell it.
I wonder if I sold it what kind of price I should ask.

Attachments

• 240 chrome valve cover kjet 2.JPG
    240 chrome valve cover kjet 2.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 436
^decent polish job... Probably not chromed, unfortunately. Did the same on my '81 242's cam cover about 20 years ago.

A similar wrench came with the tool kit as standard equipment with the early cars. Your wrench looks more like the Blue Point version only it's chrome and has standard and metric calibration.

AdjustableWrenches1.jpg

AdjustableWrenches2.jpg

AdjustableWrenches3.jpg

240 GT guage cluster, white colour

Picked this up from the junkyard today, still needs a bit of cleaning up on the dials.
I don't know if the white, or should I say ivory coloured ones are more rare.
I also have a extra speedometer to go with with it, the needle on this one sits on zero.
I will probably clean it up and sell it

Attachments

• SAM_3939.jpg
    SAM_3939.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 307
  • SAM_3944.JPG
    SAM_3944.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 233
  • SAM_3946.JPG
    SAM_3946.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
^Been painted. Also, speedometer needs work.

Pfeba-made Volvo 3-piece spoiler meant for the later model 244s, but fits on the earlier mid-series 242/244 cars as well. May be less common than the Zender.

Re: the Bahco Volvo adjustable wrench, I have one as well. Mine is much rustier and is somewhat seized. Been spraying it with PB in hopes of getting it broken loose so I can rehome it.

Updated photo showing spare speedometer to go with it
Picked this up from the junkyard today, still needs a bit of cleaning up on the dials.
I don't know if the white, or should I say ivory coloured ones are more rare.
I also have a extra speedometer to go with with it, the needle on this one sits on zero.
I will probably clean it up and sell it

Back