• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1984 245T mLPT B274FT Project

Love seeing updates on your wagon, can’t wait to see a picture of the rear end once everything is put together.

Paul, will that be a flat edge along the front of the rear arch? I started down that route and decided I didn't really like it, so I went with front arches on the rear. But mine was in progress when parked, and now it just rusts. :lol:

Where's the Chip Foose artist's rendering? :-P

Paul, will that be a flat edge along the front of the rear arch? I started down that route and decided I didn't really like it, so I went with front arches on the rear.

Michael, that is just the part of the flare on the rear quarter, but it will be continued into the rear door.

Michael, here's a rough-in:

169854309.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I need to read this thread someday. I'm subscribed, but I haven't really looked at it. I saw your video of it going under the knife so I decided I had to at least check in... BEEFY!

What are the advertised rim widths? How did you come up with the tire sizes? Man, those are FAT tires. 255/40-17 doesn't sound like enough width for the front but they look like plenty in the picture!

Cool stuff, sir. I need to read the thread one day.

So I think the driver's side is about 90% done. Still a little clean-up work left, but this gives you a pretty good idea of the final product. He's a talented metal shaper for sure and I was glad he agreed to take on this project. 80's Volvo station wagons are a little out of his normal focus.

170063766.jpg

170063767.jpg

Rear flare being cleaned up and integrated with sill piece. Also, you can see the roughed-up inner fender fill piece on the floor.

170084039.jpg

Back