• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Official LH2.4 EZK Wasted Spark Conversion - Installation Instructions

Can someone please tell me what gauge wire I should use from the box to power stage and from power stage to coils?

Thought I’d add this as I couldn’t find anything on wiring up 2x standard ignition modules...
Ezk green output into terminal 5 (module 1) out of terminal 5 into coil input 3
Ezk blue output into terminal 5 (module 2) out of terminal 5 into coil input 1
Make a y lead x3 and join terminal 2,3&4 into the original ignition module wiring .

Thought I?d add this as I couldn?t find anything on wiring up 2x standard ignition modules...
Ezk green output into terminal 5 (module 1) out of terminal 5 into coil input 3
Ezk blue output into terminal 5 (module 2) out of terminal 5 into coil input 1
Make a y lead x3 and join terminal 2,3&4 into the original ignition module wiring .

Thanks mate.
I gather this is done in order to keep the stock ignition wiring in order to keep tacho working?

I'm getting a parts list together for this add-on and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Chrysler 4-cylinder coil in a WS conversion. I saw a few internet threads talking about using it, but not a ton. Seems similar to the Subby coil, but with a flat base. I figured the flat base will simplify a mounting bracket and it's got HEI connections, so wires shouldnt be troublesome.

Does anyone have a part number/source for extra EZK connector pins?
I want to use some of the previously unused pins for my spark outputs.

I installed BTI's wasted spark kit yesterday.

I did some testing because it would not start. After resoldering the wiring I finally got spark (I tested all plugs). The car still would not start. It started once but only for a few seconds. Checked all the wiring and voltages along with continuity.

Could the starting problems be caused by too much fuel in the cylinders from prior test starts? After it died on me after running a bit I gave up for the day and reconnected the dizzy. After all I had to go to work in 4 hours. :lol:

Here are some pics of the kit:

awvCpzUl.jpg

xapO3l5l.jpg

Yesterday I got it to start and run but really weak and choppy. The spark is blue and looks strong tho. When I remove a plug from either one of the coils (Bosch 2x2) the car dies. I tested that because I was thinking it might just ran on one coil.

The tachometer does not work even with the relay in place.

Quick question, has anyone used 2 of the stock igniters? I'm doing a budget build on my 145 with a b230fk swap. And since I had 2 940 turbo igniters laying around that was the cheapest option for me.

The partnumber is 0 227 100 124. Was wondering if anyone used these and has a wiring scheme, or how I should wire it up with 2 stock igniters. I cant really find the pin-out anywhere. Or am i better of just finding a J702T or a 0 227 100 203? Or can i just stay low budget with two stock igniters and have a tach signal via them. Thanks in advance.

The partnumber is 0 227 100 124. Was wondering if anyone used these and has a wiring scheme, or how I should wire it up with 2 stock igniters. I cant really find the pin-out anywhere. Or am i better of just finding a J702T or a 0 227 100 203? Or can i just stay low budget with two stock igniters and have a tach signal via them. Thanks in advance.

It could be done, not positive how the tach output would work.
Using the info from this diagram:
http://www.extraefi.co.uk/assets/img/bosch124.jpg

A sample wiring would be:
Ignitor 1:
Pin 1 to Pin 1 on Bosch 2x2
Pin 2 ground
Pin 4 12v
Pin 5 WS 1/4 output

Ignitor 2:
Pin 1 to Pin 3 on Bosch 2x2
Pin 2 ground
Pin 4 12v
Pin 5 WS 2/3 output

Bosch 2x2 coil
Pin 1 from pin 1 ignitor 1
Pin 2 12v power
Pin 3 from pin 1 ignitor 2

You may or may not have to swap the pin1 and 3 connections on the coil if it doesn't run. Hope this helps.

It could be done, not positive how the tach output would work.
Using the info from this diagram:
http://www.extraefi.co.uk/assets/img/bosch124.jpg

A sample wiring would be:
Ignitor 1:
Pin 1 to Pin 1 on Bosch 2x2
Pin 2 ground
Pin 4 12v
Pin 5 WS 1/4 output

Ignitor 2:
Pin 1 to Pin 3 on Bosch 2x2
Pin 2 ground
Pin 4 12v
Pin 5 WS 2/3 output

Bosch 2x2 coil
Pin 1 from pin 1 ignitor 1
Pin 2 12v power
Pin 3 from pin 1 ignitor 2

You may or may not have to swap the pin1 and 3 connections on the coil if it doesn't run. Hope this helps.

thank you!

I haven't installed a WS board, but I think that the original spark pin on the EZK that went to the single ignition module is still fully functional. If so, you can wire a gutted relay to this pin to generate a tach signal. If you use your dual ignition modules, the tach from either of them will be at half the rate.

Back