• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

140 Brake Bias Proportioning Valve Adjustment

Alan.K

Does anyone have experience adjusting the two proportioning valves on the rear brake lines under a 142 (I think I've seen them on 120's also) ?

I would like to increase the line pressure to the rear brakes for more rear bias.

Which way do I turn the screw? How sensitive is the adjustment? IE how many degrees of rotation will net how much effect? (approximately)

Any chance these near 50 year old buggers will just self destruct when I turn the adjuster? I'll be eventually converting to a single line and a wilwood proportioning valve, so I can hold off. But it would be nice to dial in the brakes a little better in the interim.

The ones from a 145 would have more rear bias, short of that you could fiddle with them but without high pressure testing equipment it's a guessing game.

140Rearbrakeoroportioningvalves1.jpg

The ones from a 145 would have more rear bias, short of that you could fiddle with them but without high pressure testing equipment it's a guessing game.

Excellent intel with the drawing and description, thanks!

hiperfauto, thanks for the link to that gauge. I didn't know those existed. Very cool, and a decent price.

Back