• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hey 240 8.8 swap guys

turbochimp

Prepping for a 8.8 swap in my '82 242. Can anyone confirm that the ipd adjustable torque & panhard bars work for this - enough adjustment etc?

Thanks!

with all the mounts cut off, and volvo ones welded on, there should be no difference, so yes, the IPD gear should work.

Thanks, although I understood that stock mounts put on larger OD 8.8 tubes changed the geometry quite a bit - which is why I was asking.

For the the torque rods yes, given the taller tube OD. They will have to be adjusted. The panhard bar, not so much, given how it's mounted. You'll still have to center the rear, and it's going to be no different from a Dana 30.

IPD torque rods bolted from one rear to the other with no changes - it's a function of how careful you are with the jig to get the ear's mounting holes in the same place. I had to heat/flatten the Panhard rod right where it bends to create a bit more clearance for the ring-gear-hump in the 8.8" cover. Other than that, everything else bolted right up.

I made a bracket/spherical bearing kit that allowed use of stock suspension components.

It did use the stock panard mount since it is a quite complex piece. I don't have any left but thought about making some more kits.

Hey Mopar!
Damn - I was hoping you might have some more. I'd be interested in a kit if the timeline wasn't too long. I think in your thread on this you mentioned that you weren't very excited about doing another run. Whats the one-off price? PM if that better

Last edited:
IPD torque rods bolted from one rear to the other with no changes - it's a function of how careful you are with the jig to get the ear's mounting holes in the same place. I had to heat/flatten the Panhard rod right where it bends to create a bit more clearance for the ring-gear-hump in the 8.8" cover. Other than that, everything else bolted right up.

If you shorten your trailing arms 3/4 inch you can run the stock panhard bar with no issues

Back