• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960/S90 M4.4 XDF...work in progress.

If it's possible, try this file. In this archive are two files, one stock and one with the 'limiters' set to 3500. RKAM generously donated this file to me, and there is no immobilizer function in this bin. Just in case we're fighting that feature and are not aware.

Crap, hold up. We're fighting checksum errors. Give me a second to find the new address.

Attachments

• 0261203655_1037355485_9186179_960_no_immo.zip
    135.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Ok, it's possible that the checksum isn't the issue. Try the new file and see what happens. I have no idea if the checksum is in the same place as the 5-cyl M4.4 files, but hey...that's what trial and error is for, lol.
Thanks for the help! :)

@955IsAlive
You can read the last 64kB safely with KWP protocol like on M4.3
Connecting like this will also return hardware and software number.

This is a little above my knowledge at this point,. Can you give some ideas on guides or keywords to try so I can find out what to do and what I need to dump those 64kb?

Sounds like it might be a useful way to verify the image I have in my ECU by looking at the last 64kb?

Hi everyone! I have been working on the M4.4 for B6304/B6254 and trying to make an XDF for it for the last 4 months (not very much because of work :lol:) so it's nice to find this thread :)

I have some bins and other files that i could share with you.

Have some work to do on the car but next week ill should have it done so im up to use it as a labrat :-D

//Dudde

Nice, I've been on hold while I start a new work contract, also it would be nice if the weather would warm up a tad.

Just tried the last bin and still no start! I doubt the immobilizer would have much to do with it since mine was disabled years ago when I bypassed the relay.
Sorry this took so long I had the week off from school so being back home meant I was busy taking car of my family's cars!

I should probably add a caveat.... the "modified" bin files I uploaded to github were made by a tunerpro newbie (me). So something could be off.
The stock bins are of course, stock.

Hi
I have been a contribitor to the M44 tuners rejoice of volvospeed under the nickname "Piet".
So I thought: maybe I can offer some help here :)

After a quick look it seems to me that the injector constant is at 0xEE2 instead of 0xEE4

Last edited:
Not a problem at all. I'm just happy to see I might have gotten it right, haha. I wish I had a V90/S90/960 on M4.4 to test this stuff out. I tend to take on projects I have no way of validating.

Last edited:
Any way to dump the whole chip without desoldering the chip? Don't want to flash it before i get the original bin from it.

Dudde

You can use this program for communication.
http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/files/file/56-volvodiag-19-08-2010/
I based it on something called OmegaDiag, and changed it to work on Volvo.
Select "old" protocol and 27C512 for 64kB on M4.4 on the options page.
"Dump EPROM" on main page after Connect. Sometimes a few tries is needed.

Rkam posted this on page 2, post #45. It wouldn't be a full 128kb read, but if it returns the hardware/software # so you could easily find the same file online to flash back.

Rkam posted this on page 2, post #45. It wouldn't be a full 128kb read, but if it returns the hardware/software # so you could easily find the same file online to flash back.

I have done this last year when i started to 2 of my ecus both 0261204002.
When i compare the both files i find differences in the file, not much but some maybe "maps" are different.

But im still looking for a way to dump the whole 128kb without desoldering the chip.

The C517A CPU does not have a standard Background Debug Mode.
http://www.keil.com/dd/docs/datashts/infineon/c517a_um.pdf
In M4.4 the CPU comes with a protected internal program that can be used to erase and flash the external flash memory.
Running internal or external ROM/Flash is selected by the EA pin on the CPU.

It is possible to read the whole chip without soldering, but it requires opening of the box, possibly unsafe voltages and short circuiting address lines.
I can not recommend doing this for backup. You should find an identical ECU with the same hardware (0261...), software(1.037... or similar) and part number.

It might be safer to try to freeze the CPU, and connect the flash to an external reader that is strong enough to pull the required pins.
Maybe keep the CPU in RESET, or short circuit the XTAL pins.

Last edited:
Back