• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

We should talk about that door swap we have been planning.

I might actually get motivated to work on the project that needs some cut up door parts if we finally do it...
I apologise for posting in the Canuckian thread when I'm just a kiwi who uses "eh" differently, but I have to butt in here and say YES PLEASE. Would love to see some progress on that! :-D

PS: I read this thread on a regular basis, like some sick stalker :-) As you were.

Down for a meat since I've missed the last few.

@Sim - wasn't sure you still wanted the hood. Will PM to coordinate timing.

Anyone got a wagon they want to sell? Our daughter needs a new ride and I'd like to find her something I know she can fix herself. EFI preferred, she found the b21a experience less than thrilling. Budgets 2 grand or so, just not seeing much on CL so I figured maybe someone here has something they want to part with.

Front seat foam and grey cloth cover for 1991 240?

Hi,
I am new to Volvo ownership but familiar with VW, Renault & Peugeot.
The driver's seat on my 1991 240 wagon is pretty beat up, anybody got a seat with foam and dark grey cloth in decent shape? Or a recommendation for who to ask? I'm thinking passenger side will be in better shape, I have seen how you can switch the foam and cover to the driver's side.

Thanks, Ian

Anyone got a wagon they want to sell? Our daughter needs a new ride and I'd like to find her something I know she can fix herself. EFI preferred, she found the b21a experience less than thrilling. Budgets 2 grand or so, just not seeing much on CL so I figured maybe someone here has something they want to part with.

Willing to shop south of the border? There are a few on the Seattle and PDX CL sites. Everything 1983 or newer that's non-turbo is LH-Jetronic in the states, provided it was sold originally in the states. 1975-82 240 series cars would mainly be K-Jetronic, except for some late 1982 cars that had LH 1.0. Rust will be less of a problem, plus cars will have the bilingual speedometers if made after 1979.

-J

Unfortunately my misspent youth makes it impossible for me to cross the border :oops:...my dad lives in everett though, so he's gonna check some stuff out for us down there. Exchange rate isn't super great so I'm hoping to keep it local.

On the seat cover and foam front, I do have a couple of front seats that I don't need. Between the two you could make a good one. I don't think the heater elements work, but if you're interested pm me.

Perhaps we should do a Sausagefest 2018 parts swap soon... I've got a bunch of stuff to clear out too.

M.

I got a few things and a hankering to get a few things. Perhaps choke down a sausage in the process....

nothing special, just 2 soon to be 3 b230f block with various 530 heads and unknown cams

all 13mm rods and rear thrust cranks
Kinda on the hunt for a b23...

On the seat cover and foam front, I do have a couple of front seats that I don't need. Between the two you could make a good one. I don't think the heater elements work, but if you're interested pm me.
I'm second in line for your seats, In addition, anyone else local have foam? How about front black early seatbelts? Manual window regulators? Wheel spacers?

I've got a couple of what I think are 242 regulators inherited from a pile of 2xx crap I brought back from Victoria... couldn't tell you if they're power or manual without inspecting them further.

I may have some seatbelts from the 265 if I can't find a buyer for it...

Anyone have a set of stock front 240 struts?

240 Wagon Parts car

I picked up a 1991 240 wagon, EFI, 5 speed, 195k on the clock, power windows, 2" receiver hitch with electric brake, no A/C to see if it was savable or a parts car. I think it is more of a parts car, there's too much work needed to make it usable.

The good
- drivetrain seems strong - motor runs fine, trans shifts well
- It is driveable (just loud).
- starts up right away
- new alternator and brakes
- Front and back plastic bits are in good shape - grille and headlights not cracked or broken, back lights the same. The headlights could use a polish.
- The body is straight and rust free, except around the back wheels

The bad - first four are why I figure this is a parts car
- clutch slips, not much though (so far)
- windshield is cracked from top to 2/3 of the way to the bottom
- heater fan does not work. I am pretty sure it is the fan, previous owner said it made a burning smell before it stopped working, and the 25A fuse is OK
- rusty around the back wheel, mostly on the passenger side, rusted through where the doorsill / rocker meets the wheel well.
- rear power windows don't work, front ones did but today they wouldn't.
- driver's seat is beat, the rest of the interior is decent.
- dash is cracked.
- smells a bit moldy inside. I did some cleaning and got rid of visible mold, but there is still a bit of a smell.
- water gets in somewhere - probably through the rusty bits.
- there is an odd whining noise from time to time. Seems to be related to the car's speed, not engine speed. It's about the same with clutch up or down, in gear or neutral.
- I don't think the odometer works, but the speedometer and other gauges do
- tires are about 85% worn
- exhaust is hanging off the manifold by one nut. One stud is broken, one nut is missing. The exhaust pipes seem to be pretty solid... but catalytic converters are worth $160 at the scrap yard.
- passenger side sideview mirror is missing the glass

I can get $400 for it (complete, or pretty close) at a scrap yard, but before it goes there I wanted to see if someone wanted the car, or parts off it. If a couple of guys wanted to pick a day to some and strip parts off it, I have a covered area where this could be done. It is shared with neighbors, so we have to be respectful, and the carcass has be rollable once we are finished.

I put some photos in dropbox at https://goo.gl/1cbMGH I also tried to insert some photos in this post.

8gpe43oh5

I am in North Burnaby. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks, Ian

I picked up a 1991 240 wagon, EFI, 5 speed, 195k on the clock, power windows, 2" receiver hitch with electric brake, no A/C to see if it was savable or a parts car. I think it is more of a parts car, there's too much work needed to make it usable.

The good
- drivetrain seems strong - motor runs fine, trans shifts well
- It is driveable (just loud).
- starts up right away
- new alternator and brakes
- Front and back plastic bits are in good shape - grille and headlights not cracked or broken, back lights the same. The headlights could use a polish.
- The body is straight and rust free, except around the back wheels

The bad - first four are why I figure this is a parts car
- clutch slips, not much though (so far)
- windshield is cracked from top to 2/3 of the way to the bottom
- heater fan does not work. I am pretty sure it is the fan, previous owner said it made a burning smell before it stopped working, and the 25A fuse is OK
- rusty around the back wheel, mostly on the passenger side, rusted through where the doorsill / rocker meets the wheel well.
- rear power windows don't work, front ones did but today they wouldn't.
- driver's seat is beat, the rest of the interior is decent.
- dash is cracked.
- smells a bit moldy inside. I did some cleaning and got rid of visible mold, but there is still a bit of a smell.
- water gets in somewhere - probably through the rusty bits.
- there is an odd whining noise from time to time. Seems to be related to the car's speed, not engine speed. It's about the same with clutch up or down, in gear or neutral.
- I don't think the odometer works, but the speedometer and other gauges do
- tires are about 85% worn
- exhaust is hanging off the manifold by one nut. One stud is broken, one nut is missing. The exhaust pipes seem to be pretty solid... but catalytic converters are worth $160 at the scrap yard.
- passenger side sideview mirror is missing the glass

I can get $400 for it (complete, or pretty close) at a scrap yard, but before it goes there I wanted to see if someone wanted the car, or parts off it. If a couple of guys wanted to pick a day to some and strip parts off it, I have a covered area where this could be done. It is shared with neighbors, so we have to be respectful, and the carcass has be rollable once we are finished.

I put some photos in dropbox at https://goo.gl/1cbMGH I also tried to insert some photos in this post.

8gpe43oh5

I am in North Burnaby. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks, Ian

If it gets parted out, I am definitely interested in the driveshaft, and possibly the clutch fork for my manual swap. Also the fan and fan shroud as well.

Last edited:
Back