• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ford 460 marine motor into a 74 145

big block volvo

• Total voters

blackswift bicycles

hey guys i am wondering if anyone has seen a big block swap in a 145 or 245.
i have acquired a ford 460 marine race motor and thinking of putting it in my 145 any thoughts?

That is a LOT of motor to stuff into a 140. I have seen a DOHC Ford stuffed into a 240, pretty dang tight squeeze.
:nod:
the 140s kind of kill a lot of big engine options with narrow engine bay (inner fenders come in to center a lot) and there isnt a lot of room from front to back like a 160/240

I like the old Ford engines having had a big block 67 Mustang and still owning a 69 F100 Hi Boy and I'll still vote no. The 460 is a low end torque engine. They don't make all that much horse power. Too big and heavy for a small car. Great truck engine.

Steam clean the engine bay. paint the engine gold.Add 800 pounds.

what kind of front suspension would you even use?

1c.jpg

Well this Maine motor is not show it is bored 30 over has edlebrock intake Holley double pump 750 marine carb I haven?t got a chance to dive into the motor to see what else it has but I am at the why not faze I could also make it a mid engine and make the engine bay a trunk

If you have to ask if it's a scam, it is.
If you have to ask if you should swap it, you should.

Back