• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Clutch for Mustang T5 Advice

So, if anyone cares for an update, I'm running a 6 puck disc, 1/2 kevlar and ceramic with the pressure plate I bought from the clutchnet kit. So far it puts the power down (300+ ft lbs at the wheels)

So, if anyone cares for an update, I'm running a 6 puck disc, 1/2 kevlar and ceramic with the pressure plate I bought from the clutchnet kit. So far it puts the power down (300+ ft lbs at the wheels)

Can you also post part numbers of the clutch / pressure plate you are successfully using? It is most helpful for future reference. Thx.

As an update on my end since we're here. My car is actually feeling pretty great now that my clutch cable is setup correctly.

Kennedy Stage 2 with Thunderbird Turbo organic sprung disc and johnv flywheel. Feels good man. No shims... just a crapload oh whining.

I expect it to blow up on my drive home now though.

I'm glad this thread was popular. Not enough recent information and part numbers out there, too few and far between.

I've done 350 miles on my setup and it feels great, not heavy at all. Grabs a lot quicker than what was before, but I'll get use to it.

Can you also post part numbers of the clutch / pressure plate you are successfully using? It is most helpful for future reference. Thx.

Its all clutchnet custom ordered

Stage 3 clutch kit.
Diameter 215mm ( 8-1/2"), Flat flywheel ( not included)
Can be manufactured with any spline ( 1 X 22, 1 X 10, T5 1-1/16 X 10 )
Pressure 2257lbs, ( OEM pressure 1420lbs ).
Torque: 380
Made in U.S.A.

Plus a 6 puck clutch thats 1/2 ceramic and 1/2 kevlar

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-122-...rformance-Custom-Made-Clutch-Kit/332282903199

What I've heard, and take this with a pinch of salt, is that clutchnet are fine for discs but typically stay away for pressure plates.

John v always makes remarks about painted pressure plates, I've experienced first hand as well. Go to somewhere with a decent reputation like South bend. They know all their facts, answer questions, and work efficiently. Costs compared, I'd go with South bend again.

But this is just my opinion.

Back