• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 No Pulse to Injectors, Has Spark

Open circuit. What's that about now? Dead ECU?
I guess that's a good thing actually, it means the wiring for the injector ground isn't grounding elsewhere.

Nah that's good. If you unplugged and still had continuity to grond i would be concerned..

She RUNS!!! Got the injectors today, and after cranking for a while (had to build up some fuel pressure) it finally fired up! I adjusted the timing a little bit and got it idling fairly smoothly. I still need to do a lot of work on the car overall, but I'm so glad to be past this huge hurdle.

Thank you to everybody who has contributed, PromiseRing and ZVOLV in particular who have been especially helpful recently. Any other issues I can't figure out will be in separate threads... 180+ posts is plenty!

Yeah, it it strange, but that's what finally got it running! It definitely needed a lot of the other things I changed, though, like the old ECU that wasn't allowing injector pulse. This car had to be sitting at least 7 or 8 years before I bought it. I don't believe for a second that the car was only sitting for a year, especially with how nasty the entire fuel system was.

This is one of the old injectors... they could have been pretty clogged, which may have been part or all of the problem there. But I don't think these were even firing. Maybe because of the PO's poor wiring of the ballast resistor.
LFvlPkMNksMLfvnjOfzQrsbM8kHR9xDFribNsue8tfXnTos_JZE8QvRErP3VKde8TI3YYcdcoMsKnsdC7iNr1zP9bhr9_bVJfZiBR66BP-mzVeUWDpUO-A5G1DCqe7lSRDa0Y0WwADZU5NNgBkUFaO3tK2_QC5aVmlDzG6qHam_TItWbcQZ8wohbzYdrB6RIvz36zjw405sitONTqVkuR0UW_xJD6slCIR7mKkce_czxjP8iTVMcmjiAp2IPo-qvbPilyG8FXNvSSdQKa-77FwEkdqKlBPZwnUN4dC4O5_IhqYFCH9bzPYszCJnbkP2AOYdkPon_ENRcx3o-B4eunQGei4y_8qjFn-iUwHYw2XNqge1y26Q7KHDiT7ZOEG5MiMGuMbLSQTiuXel1cQIgKjb2kB3Znf0UsipeQagwnSvlBQpVNPd6GBq470LQ70TVMRDG9d-sFGBwWWUqlYHwTUXxT6y-5ui8s6gvXVXiju9ASPxbFSd2FVcbfPxx1lgTcDdVc-0EzZY9W58wWGq7b4h5HBBDhTw9TcBiVxkFcFdbWrkowJnt0O4kjy4lzm6FEH8w2y5e6gZTmYyHEqXblZvuiHqX3ZSlGiB_BN1G=w842-h631-no

Back