• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Chipping FAQ

Fred, will any chippable EZK box work with any ECU?? Or do you have to match them?? If you need my numbers I'll ask the guy selling me the EZK box for them and I'll run them by you.

Thanks for the help as usual,
Ben

Fred, will any chippable EZK box work with any ECU?? Or do you have to match them?? If you need my numbers I'll ask the guy selling me the EZK box for them and I'll run them by you.

Thanks for the help as usual,
Ben
Any chippable EZK will work with any ECU.
They will all act the same once they are chipped.

Do not run an EZK that is not chipped in your car though.
That will probably make bad things happen (N/A EZK on a turbo engine etc.).

Any chippable EZK will work with any ECU.
They will all act the same once they are chipped.

Do not run an EZK that is not chipped in your car though.
That will probably make bad things happen (N/A EZK on a turbo engine etc.).

so only use the chippable EZK box if I've already installed the chip into it??

so only use the chippable EZK box if I've already installed the chip into it??
Yes.

Unless the EZK was originally made for a turbo engine (if you are going to use it for a turbo engine that is).

Yes.

Unless the EZK was originally made for a turbo engine (if you are going to use it for a turbo engine that is).

hmm...not sure, but the EZK is being shipped from Florida to Connecticut, so I should see it next week. When it gets here, I'll send you the numbers just for "hahas", but I'll be using the icu chip anyway. Once the chip is in and I crank up the boost will there be enough torque to spin in 1st without doing a brakestand?? That'd be one of the coolest thing I'll ever see.

hmm...not sure, but the EZK is being shipped from Florida to Connecticut, so I should see it next week. When it gets here, I'll send you the numbers just for "hahas", but I'll be using the icu chip anyway. Once the chip is in and I crank up the boost will there be enough torque to spin in 1st without doing a brakestand?? That'd be one of the coolest thing I'll ever see.
Hehe... yes, the tires will definitely spin in 1st without a brakestand. If you have a manual, then it would probably spin in 2nd too.

I can get my car to spin in 1st and 2nd and chirp on 3rd (with an automatic). But I am clearly above 300HP now.

Hi fred, you've got the same question in your mailbox but I thought I'd ask it again over here because it might be interesting to others.
You know about my e85 plans and my hp goals. They are stille the same. But I came across a B204E. You know I want a +T because the higher CR combined with e85 could work out very nice. The B204 is so cheap I can't let it go.
Well me question is, what ezk/ecu could I use?
I've got the B204GT stuff ecu and ezk but this ezk is not chippable at the moment.
Would it be possible to use some B234 or B230FT/FK computers, I've seen some people run those computers on a 2liter turbocharged engine before.
I'm curious what's possible!

Hi fred, you've got the same question in your mailbox but I thought I'd ask it again over here because it might be interesting to others.
You know about my e85 plans and my hp goals. They are stille the same. But I came across a B204E. You know I want a +T because the higher CR combined with e85 could work out very nice. The B204 is so cheap I can't let it go.
Well me question is, what ezk/ecu could I use?
I've got the B204GT stuff ecu and ezk but this ezk is not chippable at the moment.
Would it be possible to use some B234 or B230FT/FK computers, I've seen some people run those computers on a 2liter turbocharged engine before.
I'm curious what's possible!
I have a lot of unread mail in my inbox that I am answering one by one until I have answered them all. I have to answer them in the same turn as they have dropeed down in my inbox to be fair to everyone.

I will post the same answer here as I will give you in the mail you sent.

Just give me a day or two. :)

Just wanted to say that I made some minor updates to the first post.

Especially regarding the use of MBC's and the use of MBC's on the B204FT/GT.

Any info on the new higher rev limit chip? I know I'm interested and I imagine that there are a few others. Please let me know.

Thanks
Renny
No problemo!

You will know about it very soon.

Q: I have something they call a "fuel cut". Will the chips remove it?

A: Yes.

Does this mean that if I installed your chip (I have an 88' 740 Turbo) i wouldn't need to bother messing around with the overboost switch?

I've just recently finshed a Stage 0 and sum small mods (including chucking on a 90+ mani with a 13c turbo) to the car, I picked up a MBC and cranked the boost up to 10psi and am currently experiencing fuel cut out at about 11psi.

Does this mean that if I installed your chip (I have an 88' 740 Turbo) i wouldn't need to bother messing around with the overboost switch?

I've just recently finshed a Stage 0 and sum small mods (including chucking on a 90+ mani with a 13c turbo) to the car, I picked up a MBC and cranked the boost up to 10psi and am currently experiencing fuel cut out at about 11psi.
The overboost switch is a separate component in the sytem that cuts power to the fuel pump if you overboost. It has nothing to do with the ECU's at all. So you still need to adjust or remove the overboost switch.

Back