• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I was too legit. Too legit to quit.

Another day, another broken tensioner bolt. Got some rain last night :cool:

a5N5Kgil.jpg
#redblocklyfe

What? Tony! Toni! Ton?! lied to us.

As much as I like wagons, I hope you can fix the sedan.

I had a series of broken alternator tensioner bolts, kept replacing them until one day the car died as I pulled into my driveway and the car died, popped the hood and the alternator was laying on the battery, that big ass aluminum bracket on the drivers side for the alternator and AC BROKE IN HALF!!!! Take it off and closely examine it for cracks. The flexing when it starts cracking breaks the tension bolts

Attachments

• tensionbolt.jpg
    tensionbolt.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 249
  • tensionerbolt2.jpg
    tensionerbolt2.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 248
Nice fix Dave!, Like I said though my problem was the cast aluminum bracket, it was cracked and flexing till it snapped off haha.

Looking good man!

Yo Jason! Car is looking good. We outta do a local get together soon. And ever since I saw your car I have seen multiple with that interior at PNP. If you need any loose bits let me know for next time I go.

Thanks guys! I am looking to swap another checkered interior into the new wagon :cool:

Is the checkered cloth something rare? I once bought a 80something 740 turbo for parts that came with those seats and door trims. I had originally planned to use the cloth for the door trim on my 944 but years have passed. The seats were pretty bad but I?ve still got enough cloth to upholster atleast 4 door trims if you?re interested.

It seems to be less common than black or tan leather interiors around here, but I don't think it's especially rare. There are red and blue variations of the checkered interior, but I haven't been able to find one yet. Do want a red setup :nod:

Last edited:
Clutch slipped :e-shrug:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mhBjzF5Wmoc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Had a CEL come on. Error coded indicated a bad injector. Uncapped the stock ones and put them back in. Light is off, car is still making sounds...I don't beat on it so who knows :lol:

P9nZ2COl.jpg

So the 744's time has finally come. The tags are up, and it feels right to move on to something I actually want to build. The wagon looks like a brodozer now :lol:

lyPcNqtl.jpg

I cut both, ended up with red and blue 740s :lol:

RIP to my 744. Looks more and more like I'll be taking all it's goodies for the wagon.

b2bGqKjl.jpg

After having 2 borrowed spring compressors break :omg: the wagon is back together and I really dig the way its sitting with 1 coil removed from the front and 17's :cool:

DMstDUyl.jpg

Last edited:
Back