• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Guess that noise

Never seen a broken shaft, lost srews for throttle plate a few .

The head was gone too, if the piston rings are still free and not blocked by the damage you can run them still.
Had seen worse still running.

good luck, Kay

As far as I know the throttle shaft has never been apart. And a very sad way for a 531 to die along with and engine. The block looks like it should still be good. I am hoping a quick hone might remove the small mark on the bore otherwise it might be getting bored out for a rebuild far into the future. Now to put together the H beams I have here into my spare na block.

As far as I know the throttle shaft has never been apart. And a very sad way for a 531 to die along with and engine. The block looks like it should still be good. I am hoping a quick hone might remove the small mark on the bore otherwise it might be getting bored out for a rebuild far into the future. Now to put together the H beams I have here into my spare na block.

That head should be fine if you just smooth out the sharp edges. Do the same to all 4 chambers and have the head shaved.

If you don't mind spending ~$200, that head could be fixed if it's just the chamber that's beat up.
I wouldn't even tough the roof of the chambers, just clean up the quench pads.
A little welding and some die grinder action, and a then get the head surfaced.

I've fixed much worse damage than that.

Reminds me of when I re-installed a IC pipe and a piece of one of those little clips that hold the hose pipes in place broke off and got sucked into a combustion chamber. Same damage. I had the head welded to fill the damage and surfaced and threw a new piston in that hole.

Reminds me of when I re-installed a IC pipe and a piece of one of those little clips that hold the hose pipes in place broke off and got sucked into a combustion chamber. Same damage. I had the head welded to fill the damage and surfaced and threw a new piston in that hole.

Wow back from the dead but I had that exact same clip sucked into my intake manifold as well a couple years back! Luckily for me, #4 intake valve stopped it in its track so it was basically just a simple head gasket swap instead of bottom end repair.

Back