• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

last cam question promise?

90volvo

Heres my specs. 1990 volvo 240 w/5speed M47. Stock B230 with No Turbo. Gears in rear 3.31 but have 3.73 I can go to but not crazy about it.
Factory weight 4 door with electric windows. I did the homemade ramair with a K&N filter. The exhaust is one muffler in rear and 2.25 diameter no cat. Im lookiing for mid range power.

Saved my pennys to buy a cam. I dont want to change valve springs. Im rarely going to rev over 4500-5000. Engine is in good solid shape and is low miles. Dont want to pull the head and get milled. What do you recommend. Basically have found cams A, B, H, T. I thinking of IPD turbo cam? Thoughts

I’d say A or B. I have experience with M, T, B, and iPd turbo. No na experience with with the B and iPd turbo though. People will tell you the B sucks turbo cus of overlap or whatever. But i assure you it’s more revable than the M cam. Even if you lose some low end

A cam. But there is no real noticeable torque increase at midrange as i experienced over the M cam. It revs much more freely into rpm limit, and actually make power there.

Get an enem V15 n/a cam. It's better than the IPD cam because it is the same with lift and duration but the lobe separation is for an n/a. I also just chipped my ezk box and that really made it come alive. Low range, mid range, high rpm power all there. I also don't rev over 5k because of the high miles on my engine.

I might add, that i dont have toworry about smog test. Im in Mo. Possibly ill pull the head and have it milled and ill prt it. I dont rev much over 3500 but i have a M cam. With a performance might be fun to bump 6000 every now and then.

I might add, that i dont have toworry about smog test. Im in Mo. Possibly ill pull the head and have it milled and ill prt it. I dont rev much over 3500 but i have a M cam. With a performance might be fun to bump 6000 every now and then.

It will never make power at 6000 NA unless you do some pretty drastic work to the cylinder head.

Heres my specs. 1990 volvo 240 w/5speed M47. Stock B230 with No Turbo. Gears in rear 3.31 but have 3.73 I can go to but not crazy about it.
Factory weight 4 door with electric windows. I did the homemade ramair with a K&N filter. The exhaust is one muffler in rear and 2.25 diameter no cat. Im lookiing for mid range power.

Saved my pennys to buy a cam. I dont want to change valve springs. Im rarely going to rev over 4500-5000. Engine is in good solid shape and is low miles. Dont want to pull the head and get milled. What do you recommend. Basically have found cams A, B, H, T. I thinking of IPD turbo cam? Thoughts

I recommend you don't bother...

Cam is only one part of things and you don't want to do the more important things then there's no point of doing the final things..

You also didn't bother to say what gearbox you have or what kind of driving you plan on optimising..You don't want to do anything but want it to do something better..

Confusing.

Try again.

Cam is only one part of things and you don't want to do the more important things then there's no point of doing the final things..

You also didn't bother to say what gearbox you have or what kind of driving you plan on optimising..You don't want to do anything but want it to do something better..

Confusing.

Try again.
Pretty sure his first post says he has an m47.

Try again.

Confusing.

Try again.

Really dont know what to tell you its an M47. Just like the first post said. It has 5 gears. Are you wanting ea. gear? Well here. Confused?
M47
Type: 5 speed manual
Manufacturer: Koping Engineering, AB Volvo
Gear ratios: (1) 4.03:1 (2) 2.16:1 (3) 1.37:1 (4) 1.00:1 (5) 0.82:1
Notes: Fully synchronized, apparently not as strong as the M46. Road&Track in 1989 says OD is 0.80

Appreciate everybody advice and help. Some people have to do little at a time vs. all at once. Thanks

common

Confusing.

Try again.

To bad we dont live near ea. other. I think we could be best friends. I want to go fast w.o. doing anything (LOL). You want to respond to post w.o. reading them. We have one thing in common.

D cam and 4:10 gears is what I recommend.

Really dont know what to tell you its an M47. Just like the first post said. It has 5 gears. Are you wanting ea. gear? Well here. Confused?
M47
Type: 5 speed manual
Manufacturer: Koping Engineering, AB Volvo
Gear ratios: (1) 4.03:1 (2) 2.16:1 (3) 1.37:1 (4) 1.00:1 (5) 0.82:1
Notes: Fully synchronized, apparently not as strong as the M46. Road&Track in 1989 says OD is 0.80

Appreciate everybody advice and help. Some people have to do little at a time vs. all at once. Thanks

Very good..Even the old veteran Promise ring managed to catch and point out that error..:zeeall:

Truth is I skim over these things when they are so poorly written.
So M47, just like my car>

But just like ya din't want to do any of the important things to make the car quicker--involving work, you din't say any more really aside from mansplaining the box.

Final try and I'll leave you to the experts who know more>
Cam moves where peak power is and shape of curve..Not peak or max>
You want more you may have to expend some effort away from the keyboard

No back to fapping about how many angels can dance on the head of a needle>

Very good..Even the old veteran Promise ring managed to catch and point out that error..:zeeall:

Less skimming more reading. The dude wants to feel a power difference in his otherwise stock 240 with a 5 speed. Stop with all this science nonsense bull****. Putting a B cam in the car WILL make it more fun to drive. And WILL make more power over the M cam. Don’t have any scientific evidence to prove what i said other than that I’ve tried them both. The B can actually rev a little bit

:poo:

Back