• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rain water leak

Most likely cause are clogged drains in the rocker panel on the drivers side.

To clear the drains of debris open the drivers door and remove the plastic threshold cover, pull back the carpet to expose the inner rocker then pull the plastic plugs and you will probably see debris. Clear the debris with a vacuum cleaner with a small diameter hose, reinstall the plugs and test for leaks by pouring water into the fresh air intake in front of the windshield.

If you have the manually operated vents in the kick panels, you can access the drain system there as well by removing the plastic knob, then the plastic kick panel cover.

If you find debris on the drivers side you should probably check the passenger side too.

Since I have the luxury of compressed air, I also blow air into the fresh air intake to push additional debris down into the inner rocker.

never own Bertone, but my 1988 240 used to leak with original trim exactly to that spot and next to my leg.

Back