• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

lightened flywheel issues - always something

actually the interference I got one complaint of was some 'tard who wanted to use some fail wheel drive 850 disc or some crap OEM thing on it..Clutch-net stuff has always worked.

get it right.:grrr:

Really? Wow so I'm a tard now am I? You realize I'm only one state of mind away from coming to pay you a visit right?

Also just today talked to the girl at my local Napa and she says she can fix it with her machina she got that they do brake rotors on. But regardless I'm probably not gonna use the two I have of yours cause you know why? I got TVR flywheel from england that is made for M90 and uses 240mm 850R clutch dish and pressure plate. Yeah it's actually made to work with something, not just a bunk flywheel that works with nothing.. YEah nothing works with em unless you get them fixed by a competent non-retarded person.

You know I never said nothing bad about your or ever called you a dumb name but if you call me a tard guess what, I know you are butt whata my..

Last edited:
had to do this on one for the blue 242 im working on. was only a pain in the ass because the trans was already in when discovered

This pressure plate is the one.

https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/35523/Clutch-Pressure-Plate-8736761/#axzz2xYnbwj00

Good luck, make sure you keep asking JohnV for help, boy he's a lot of it.. I'd rather blow up another stock one and total a 5k race car then deal with him ever again.

Same here..:roll:

Be real nice if the link had the Sachs number...Cause I just got off the phone with Jack and gave him the Sachs number
3 SACHS 3082 217 232
detailed view
BIG
detailed view
BIG
Clutch Pressure Plate
Parameter: MF240
Diameter [mm]: 240

quote-you-can-please-some-of-the-people-some-of-the-time-all-of-the-people-some-of-the-time-abraham-lincoln-41-59-00.jpg

Ha, no sweat JohnV, I'm just razzing ya.:-P I know now! Works with custom clutchnet disc and saabbs 240mm pressure plate only. The state of mind is crazy, retard is not a state of mind..

I do have a BMW Z3 clutch disc that will work with it. Nothing in the way in the middle. I'll use that with getrag in my 90 745. That last clutchnet disc I had blew up my flywheel and totaled my car, so I can't get one of those. Ha, course it was the stock dog dish lightened way to much if you remember. Years and years ago. Traumatized me so much I never went back.

Last edited:
Whole t5 swap is a pain in the ass... too many 90% writeups

So what about this shimming of pivot ? Thin washer should do it ?
Jack, there are like 3 different clutch release bearing arms..I really mean wot da fuq?

Assuming you have one that's kinda straight--ish shim the pivot ball till with the slop outta the cable and the arm 90 degrees to car N/S axis, the ausruckerlager is just in kiss-contact.

Not "forward of" 90 to center line

The main concept is the cable or whatever goes <---- and -------->, the arm swings in a arc, and we want to arm in the right part of the arc, the "most in and out" part of the arc so you put in and the put out the clutch alles ist in ordnung..
Put in
Put out.

Wait, that reminds me of..Oh yes!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t-wFKNy0MZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Really? Wow so I'm a tard now am I? You realize I'm only one state of mind away from coming to pay you a visit right?

Also just today talked to the girl at my local Napa and she says she can fix it with her machina she got that they do brake rotors on. But regardless I'm probably not gonna use the two I have of yours cause you know why? I got TVR flywheel from england that is made for M90 and uses 240mm 850R clutch dish and pressure plate. Yeah it's actually made to work with something, not just a bunk flywheel that works with nothing.. YEah nothing works with em unless you get them fixed by a competent non-retarded person.

You know I never said nothing bad about your or ever called you a dumb name but if you call me a tard guess what, I know you are butt whata my..

No I was referring to some other Portlandia wannabe hipster bro.
A hundred sold and only a 1 or 2 guys complaining that their OEM discs from some other car didn't work..
Well, golly..
See MOST people when they went to the Saab 240, the Cosworth 242, the BMW 228, the Type 4 Kennedy 228 or the stock old B21T pressure plates went for Clutch-net of some got South Bend..
Zero problems..
1 or 2 people from Portland Oregon and Portland alone decided to use what-ever-the-fawk FWD thing..

SORRY.:emo:

Jack, there are like 3 different clutch release bearing arms..I really mean wot da fuq?

Assuming you have one that's kinda straight--ish shim the pivot ball till with the slop outta the cable and the arm 90 degrees to car N/S axis, the ausruckerlager is just in kiss-contact.

Not "forward of" 90 to center line

The main concept is the cable or whatever goes <---- and -------->, the arm swings in a arc, and we want to arm in the right part of the arc, the "most in and out" part of the arc so you put in and the put out the clutch alles ist in ordnung..
Put in
Put out.

Makes sense but since I will be doing this on my back in grave drive way, I’m wodering if there’s a “standard” size of shim. So I don’t have to wrestle this thing in and out more than I have to.

Got my 3 ring adjustable TO bearing today. How many of themz rings should I run with ?

Thanks everyone for your help

Makes sense but since I will be doing this on my back in grave drive way, I’m wodering if there’s a “standard” size of shim. So I don’t have to wrestle this thing in and out more than I have to.

Got my 3 ring adjustable TO bearing today. How many of themz rings should I run with ?

Thanks everyone for your help

To do this so its fits in with the relaxed, ultra-mellow and hip California lifestyle just do the set up the arm and pivot and all that using the bellhousing separately from the box..I mean its 4 bolts to pull it: you really only need to run in 2 bellhousing bolts snugged up..
have a beer.
smoke da gan-jah

Don't worry.
Be happy!

That makes things SO much easier Jack, BTDT. In my case, didn't need to shim anything at all on the stock flywheel so it shouldn't be too thick.

But I dunno, will we hear back from you after working in your grave driveway?

Back