• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Anyone put the late ALT & AC mount on the 92 model?

DET17

Reformed SAABaholic
I'm sure 2manyturbos knows the answer, but throwing it out there.

I still run the 92 version of the red block ALT & AC compressor mount, what with the 15 odd (hyperbole) isolation bushings, and I'm considering to swap to the late version (94+ I think). The Engineers removed most all of the rubber isolation bushings (just 3 remain). I've had never ending belt tightening on the ALT and occasionally the AC..... I only run Volvo belts on this side of the engine, so I lay the blame for this to the isolation bushings & them creeping once under tension.

I looked at this 94+ option when I was in the midst of the last (and I mean LAST) round of mods..... but I convinced myself the 92 AC compressor & mounting system would not align properly with this style.

The ALTs are common to the 9s for sure, but I don't know for sure about the AC? Sage wisdom always appreciated.

Thanks.

It appears the ALT mounting area is near identical, early to late in comparison.

I'm going to presume based upon the lack of feedback, this question (early AC compressor on the later mount) is not feasible.

This might help even though it's for a 240? The AC compressor is the same for '93 240 and r134a 940s (the pulley size may be different) http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=348196

My suspicion is that the steel mounting plates which anchor the 93+ 9 series compressor are configured differently, so that the CL of the V belt drive pulley will be "out of plane" with the engine. I've set my 92 compressor alongside a spare 94 and I visually confirmed that they won't cross pollenate.

However, I was stressed out trying to finish the car, and might have erred.

Back