• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fender Mirrors on a 740?

89_740Turbo

There isn't much online about 740's with fender mirrors, but I think a set of black ones on a 601 red 744 like mine would look great. Anyone have any pictures of a 740 with these mirrors? Are there any suggested brands?

volvo_740_fender_wing_mirrors_by_lucaskroon-dajpkmh.jpg

If you like the look and want to get fender mirrors, then do it. IMO they look good. I can guarantee you if this thread was about a 240, you'd get better input because its not a 7/9.

You'll need some mirror blanking plates, too. Not sure where you can find those.

volvo_740_fender_wing_mirrors_by_lucaskroon-dajpkvt.jpg

volvo_740_fender_wing_mirrors_by_lucaskroon-dajpkt0.jpg

I don't think they are required to be on the fender any longer. That said, this is cosmetic and your car. Who cares what others think? Also, I would be prudent to ask those that have them on the fender how they actually work. Can you see well with them on the fender? That is the real function of those mirrors in the first place. Would suck to look cool to only cause a mishap because you changed lanes due to a blind spot...
IDK. My two cents...

Moderating has been a joke for a while, but I'm really enjoying how it's gone completely out the window now.

OP have you considered buying a really nice 240? They make a much nicer starting point for putting fender mirrors on. The fenders take to drilling much better than 7/9 series cars.

Back