• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1976 240 seat foam or seat swap?

impolvo

Is always busy
I recently picked up a 1976 244
It seats are completely deteriorated as in the foam on the inside is there a source for new foam or do seats from a later model fit in it
I’ve repaired cracked seat foam and things like that before but I’ve never had seats where the foam has literally deteriorated into nothing

A hot wire foam cutting tool will come in handy. You may be able to shape the newer foam into what you need.

A hot wire foam cutting tool will come in handy. You may be able to shape the newer foam into what you need.

Call the only local reupholster and he recommended me a place to buy sheets of foam 6 inch thick high density 24 inches wide 72 inches long for $65
He recommended how i used to do it to shape the Foam using a box blade and a heat gun to smooth out the rough edges

Call the only local reupholster and he recommended me a place to buy sheets of foam 6 inch thick high density 24 inches wide 72 inches long for $65
He recommended how i used to do it to shape the Foam using a box blade and a heat gun to smooth out the rough edges

Post back if you do this and let us see how it turns out. I've been thinking about doing something similar the next time it's time to replace broken down seats.

s-l1600.jpg

Back