• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

M41 onto a b23

If there were modified bellhousings available that would allow a m46/47 to be bolted to an upright engine... would there be a big market for it? it would be a good alternative to a m410 right? Who would be interested in one?

Just take the bell housing to a machine shop and have them cut, clock and re-weld the engine mounting surface.

If there were modified bellhousings available that would allow a m46/47 to be bolted to an upright engine... would there be a big market for it? it would be a good alternative to a m410 right? Who would be interested in one?

There is a guy (Huke Basart) in the Netherlands that modifies M46 bellhousings to bolt to B20 (which would work for mounting a B230 upright). It's been mentioned in this thread before. The price is $115euros, which is about $155:

http://www.hukebasart.nl/huke/en/?Koppelingshuizen

If you would like to contact him, he does understand english.

Paul

BTW-His site translates to something like:

Bell Houses

Also, less noise and better to drive with overdrive? The easiest way is of course is to buy an M41 box, yes, but the price .....

Through a custom bell house there is a way to use a gearbox from the 240 series car. This goes as follows:

First, the mounting properties of one housing and the mounting properties of a 240 are shared. The front of the clutch housing of a B18, B20 or B30 is then merged with the back of the house of a 240 bell.

More detailed information can be found on the English website of Jim Hekker Prices excludes VAT for the various engines are:

http://www.volvoadventures.com/amazon2.html

(VAT is a tax in europe)

Last edited:
Hi guys
I have found a 1981 244 B19E engine with overdrive gearbox and want to know if i can put it in a 122 Amazon without too much trouble. or putting it another way, what would the issues be?
Jack

Hi guys
I have found a 1981 244 B19E engine with overdrive gearbox and want to know if i can put it in a 122 Amazon without too much trouble. or putting it another way, what would the issues be?
Jack

Just start a new post with your question in it. This thread died 10 years ago. Many of the people in it have moved on and a couple of the companies that made the parts talked about don't exist anymore either.

If you went T-5, which is the smartest route unless you enjoy swapping transmissions, the Kaplehenke adapter allows both straight up and tilted installations. You know 10 years ago.

Huke Basart still sells the bellhousings but if you gonna swap the whole motor+trans you won't need it. You will need to do a lot of other mods tho, think of motor mounts, tunnel modification, driveshaft, coolant tubes and radiator, it's not a carb motor you will need a electric inline fuel pump and return line, exhaust piping, check if the trans has a speedo drive, temp gauge and sensor from a B18/20 can not be used, you will need to convert to electric gauge, electric cool fan (there will be not enough clearance for the mechanical fan), etc... P?rsonaly i think it is WAY easier to prep a B20, they can make lot more power than a stock B19E

edit:
reading trough the 10 year old topic again, i got to have this of my chest for anyone thinking to put a M41 behind a powered motor knowing it's gonna blow, it is such a waste. Prices for this boxes in good condition ar nowadays tripled compared to 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Back