• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Moving to the rear. Changed the gear lube. Cleaned the back of the wheels.

005-M.jpg

011-M.jpg

I agree. I think the 16's will offer more tire choices, but the old wheels are a favorite. The price was right and they even came with decent tires.

Last edited:
Sold the wheels for $100.00. Cut a coil off the rear springs. Much easier than the front. Kind of anxious to set her on the ground and see what we have. Probably paint the rear calipers later. Rear shocks feel serviceable.

Volvo

(X = purchased and maybe installed)

A / Getting started
Align
Blower
Center bearing
Delete rear wiper
Fix a flat / tools
Head light
Magnetic drain plug
Mirror
Oil leaks
PCV hose
Polish paint
Springs / two coils off front, one coil off rear
Tail lights / signals
X Air dam
X Air intake
X Bolts for tail gate latch
X Delete roof rack
X Detrim
X Fire extinguisher
X Fluids
X Manual steering rack
X Moose decals
X Motor and trans mounts
X Red calipers
X Sweden flag decal
X Thermostat
X Wheels & tires 205/55R16

B / Various
Black (rust?) hood / hood pins
Electric fan
Heater core?
Odometer gear
Seat frame
X Battery relocation
X Brake booster
X Delete rear muffler / 2 ? tail pipe
X Hitch
X Shifter bushings
X Tachometer

C / Suspension
Coil overs
E-code head lights
Fog lights
Short shifter
Sport seats
Steering wheel
Strut brace
Strut spacers
Suspension bushings
Sway bars

D / Motor
Big rod short block
Low compression
Oil cooler
Turbo motor

LKQ front bumper (with air dam) going on. Need a R/F bumper strut. R/F rail is torn up from an old collision. Should be serviceable. ish.

Battery in passenger spare tire well. Cousin to weld up support frame. Cable routed. Battery mount under hood removed. To pick up two engine grounds.

Priority to get her back on the road. Wire up battery, bleed brakes, LKQ lower air filter mount, Rt head light, PCV hose, fix tail lights.

019-M.jpg

Last edited:
Three big ground wires to the engine. One to each frame rail, one to the cowl.

001-M.jpg

Picked up some used head lights. Pretty sketchy looking. Probably keep looking.

Pretty excited about the air dam. Going to look cool. Maybe I should put a splitter under it.

:cool:

003-M.jpg

Last edited:
"Yay" or "Nay" on the rear bumper delete? I'm leaning toward "nay." Though maybe the area where the muffler was could be a diffuser. LOL.

003-M.jpg

002-M.jpg

And the votes are in... LOL.

Had a good day. Went to the salvage yard and scrounged up: a virgin spare tire, PCV hose, cushion for the bottom of the air filter, air box duct for the front of the radiator support, bracket for the air flow meter (now that the Frankenstein intake is gone) and a front license plate bracket. For the first time, in I don't know how long, the beast will have a functional crankcase ventilation system and breath through a proper air filter.

008-M.jpg

Also snagged a HD crimping tool for the new battery cables.

015-M.jpg

Bumpers are on. Hitch is on.

Yeah baby!

Bleed the brakes, finish the battery cables, and I think she'll motor. I think...

017-M.jpg

When selecting the ideal spare tire for a machine such as the Volvo wagon, it's important to consider it's provenance. When I saw the label on the sidewall, I knew I had the right tire.

014-M.jpg

Back