• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 ac

Problem solved. The problem was the system was low on refrigerant. I had just filled it up before I made the post but I didn’t fill the system up the right way. Once I got the clutch to engage I filled it up while the clutch was engaged and now my system blows cold. Thanks guys!

Try properly evacuating and recharging the system, but replace the receiver drier first.

Problem solved. The problem was the system was low on refrigerant. I had just filled it up before I made the post but I didn’t fill the system up the right way. Once I got the clutch to engage I filled it up while the clutch was engaged and now my system blows cold. Thanks guys!

There ya go!

You should replace the RD before it explodes and destroys your entire AC system.

There is no reason to replace a receiver drier if the system has not been opened up and exposed to air. ALL automotive AC systems leak refrigerant. The fact his system was low is to be expected.

There is no reason to replace a receiver drier if the system has not been opened up and exposed to air. ALL automotive AC systems leak refrigerant. The fact his system was low is to be expected.

But if it leaked enough to be that low, don?t you think the refrigerant could?ve been displaced by atmospheric pressure?

Just sayin, I had a Toyota pick up that was 'low' on refrigerant. I topped it off and man it was cold for about a week! Then boom, the dessicant exploded in the R/D, sending little BB's through every orifice. At $15, it?s just cheap insurance to replace. Unless you like replacing compressors, condensers, TXV's, etc.

If it held refrigerant when he added it, the system is sealed well enough no air is going to get in it. Air isn't the problem in the first place, it's water. That's why you have a desiccant dryer. Water in the system will turn to ice blocking the system.

Back