• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

JW's 1991 240 wagon

whats the point of this? lighter?

yeah, lighter and the original ones can go bad. This one was cheaper than a new original one. Oh and it turns the accessories slower, main benefit. Even with the Polaris wheels the power steering works 100% (cold/just started).

Looks good, as seems to be the norm with the things you do.

Envious of those welds seen on the truck intercooler. I bought an AC/DC tig welder myself, and the globs of molten metal between two aluminium parts holding them together that i come up with are not exactly as beatifull as those ones there. Steel is OK, that i can do.

I might have asked this before, but please do remind me again, where does that cooling fan come from? 940?

Thanks! I want the car to stay together wherever I take it :-P

About welding alu, as you can imagine, practice practice. first 1/2 of this year I had to weld a lot of aluminium at my internship, that really helped. But even then the first welds arent as nice as the ones after some freshing up. Before I welded the IC i didnt practice but they turned out good.

The Efan, Boris is right. There are some small differences through the years but they all work. The 940/960 style has a ground lead with a wire terminal and longer wires, the 850 version has a plug and shorter wires. Some very early ones are 1 speed but pre-wired for 2 speed with the relay etc.

Oh and here a pic of the car with my brothers Polaris rims:

051020112141.jpg

Need to get my own set repaired/powedercoated.

Oh and here a pic of the car with my brothers Polaris rims:

051020112141.jpg

Need to get my own set repaired/powedercoated.

Sweet, this is the nicest exterior photo of your car ( I think it might be the POLARIS)! no in all seriousness the Polaris are hands down the best exterior modification you can make to the look of your car! Worth every cent!!

Hmm i think the older ones looked better? might be the angle how your wheels are at the front.
Seems like they are to aggressive for the friendly looks the car has..
Anyway i'm sure the ride has improved with the wheels, and polaris is always good i gues..

Jan!11!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one

WELD A FLAT PLATE OF ALUMINUM ACROSS THE TOP!!!!!! and the bottom if not done so either!!!111one

sooo time for another update. Got the Polaris wheels back from www.wheelcare.nl. Recipe: Strip old paint of, fix curb damage (by welding), straightening, new powdercoat. Opted for silver/metallic, it matches the original color pretty good. Also had the damaged inserts fixed. Very nicely done, fast and very good value for $.

020420122696.jpg

040420122719.jpg

Grip. I has.

040420122714.jpg

and washed the car.

Thats it for now. Short term plans:
-new inner tie rods
-alignment
-better gearbox mount

Very pretty. What gearbox is in the car again? M90?

Also, what tires are those?

Very pretty. What gearbox is in the car again? M90?

Also, what tires are those?

Thanks! :)

Tires are Toyo R1R 225/45ZR17.

The gearbox is an M90, used the 940 mount but it doesnt seem to cooperate 100% with the 240 engine mounts, the angled engine mounts push the engine to the back. The non angled 940 mount doesnt like that and makes the gearbox move to the side etc. The guibo is pretty cracked as well.

Sweet. Must feel great!

Did you drive it at the Nurburgring? I'm planning on renting a prepped car late August or early September and going around it...

I took the car for a short test drive after fitting the wheels, felt very stable yeah and much better than with the old (badly) worn out tires that were on the other set of Polaris rims. Those wheels came from a 940 with worn out suspension so they were worn to positive camber lol. Coupled with the ~-1.5 camber my car has makes for an interesting driving experience when the road isnt 100% smooth.

I drove it on the ring in the summer of 2010. Planning to take it back there this summer a few times. The ring is about 150-200 km away so i should visit it more haha. Drop me a pm if you like when you are there, i might have time to go for some laps then too.

Last edited:
What did you pay to fix the rims? I have a set of alloy's for my wintertires but they are pretty messed up; Swedish winters plus snowchains....

What did you pay to fix the rims? I have a set of alloy's for my wintertires but they are pretty messed up; Swedish winters plus snowchains....

Yo Gerb, prices are here: http://www.wheelcare.nl/id29.htm
"Rand oplassen, afdraaien, stralen en poedercoaten t/m 18" ?57,50" ex btw. Turnaround exactly 1 week.
Time for the Nordschleife meet this year? No date set yet :-P

Double that pm, I'm always in for some fun.

Rims are looking great JW. I plan on having my second set coated black, not sure though.
Time to test them on the ring, name that date.

Thnx! Really happy about the result and it is nice to see the rims that i've had since end of 2010 finally on the car.
I would like to go to the circuit of Zolder as well, maybe before the Nurburgring meet this year. Need to check the price and availability on the skylimit events.

Back