• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Inspiration -- 240 Style (DONT POST YOUR OWN)

It was Danny's car, he owned it when it was on the cover of ipd I think. It switched hands once, and then I bought it. It's a car I had always drooled over, so I sold my vr corrado to buy it when it came up for sale. lol It's still going strong, about to roll over 370,000 miles. ;-)

Awesome. take care of it!

Did some shopping in order to drum up some inspiration of my own.

0avmcopy-1.jpg~original

Please tell me this is your car and you finally got it done!

I find it sad that both cars people keep getting hung up on (the silver 242 that keeps getting reposted, and the wagon on BBS's with rear camber) are both photoshops =p

I find it sad that both cars people keep getting hung up on (the silver 242 that keeps getting reposted, and the wagon on BBS's with rear camber) are both photoshops =p

Agreed, the silver gt, is actually a green one with the turbo bmw m50 in it right? I've raked to the guy a few times on instagram.

Not sad at all. It is an inspiration thread. if anything this is the most appropriate place to post such a picture. It inspires me to spend thousands of hours working on my car to try make it look like that in real life. Its the vision of the end result that helps us endure the late nights in the shop.

Sad is people posting their own hooptie beater with cut springs.

I agree too, a true inspiration, photoshop or what ever the fck it is! truly a sick looking 242 GT, stop hating b/c it's not your car being posted!

Don't be hating because people can't read, though I do find it annoying that even when they quote that post it clearly says that it's a "SHOP" people still ask for a project thread. :lol:

One of my favourite 245s from Finland. It's got airbag suspension, one of the best quality interior jobs I've seen etc...

PUE_9851.jpg

_full.jpg

_MG_9436_zps7086fa20.jpg

65_zps24645540.jpg

DSC_1470_zps07f0b736.jpg

IMG_2031_zpsbb290c0b.jpg

DSC02275.JPG

575797_10151416298538020_1893673098_n_zps6a585c03.jpg

Sisusta1pieniMod_zps445b5146.jpg

Sisusta2pieniMod_zps52d70f16.jpg

389373_370173236428256_610533194_n.jpg

New engine seems to be under construction.

IMG_2866_zps83a4cfc6.jpg

IMG_2877_zps3d3988a1.jpg

IMG_3455_zpsba90b52e.jpg

Very nice job considering the car looked like this few years ago. :-P

vakio.jpg

-Marko

Last edited:
That white/cream wagon is far more than the sum of its parts, IMO.
Never a fan of super-low cars, even when they're bagged - and the rest of the car can be honestly described as a lowered, white 245 with a red interior - but the car is way nicer than that suggests!

Love the old style phone hand-piece! :)

:rofl:This thread is like religion. Everyone refers to the original text(post) and make rules based on them, when in reality it is very vague and lacks a solid foundation.

Rada has posted plenty of "Real" cars in here. I think more people should use photoshop to improve and develop their project ideas and realize how simple, inexpensive bodywork can really make their cars look spectacular. And then maybe eventually this thread will be full of north american cars.

Now it seems people think having a project car means pulling a rust bucket out of a field, slamming it, and then doing a hobo victory lap right before sending it to the crusher.

Back