• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

wheel fitment help

GTFOUR

Im managing to put a brock b1 BMW wheelset in my 245, but im not sure whats the better way.
Rear are 10"x17, so its going to be so close to the rear wheel arch, so i have 2 ways:

option 1: I?ve done in the lathe a set of spacers/adapters that are only 12mm wide. they are made of good steel, but the bolts will have only 12mm of thread to keep the wheel safely on the car. Usually hubs are that wide, but im afraid it can break drifting.

option 2: take the wheels to a machine shop to redrill the wheels. Some shops fill old holes with welding, some shops leave two bolt patterns. Will they last with both bolt patterns?

they are nice german wheels, not china reps

what would you do for your car? any experiences?

Llantas-brock-b1-16x9-pase-5x100-et15-199987832_3.jpg

They should be just fine with a second bolt pattern added. I'd go for that if you already like the offset they are at now. The only potential issue is that threaded hole for the center cap.

What size front wheels? 9x17

What offset, both front and rear? et30 front et35 rear

What car? ?93 245

What tire size? 205/40 front 215/40 rear for initial tests

Why such wide wheels for a drifter?

Wider wheels doesnt mean wider tires ;)

You don't have to fill, they can redrill each hole off center of the old pattern and put steel bushings in. Basically you make the existing hole huge and then fill with the bushing. In the end it's stronger and more durable than original. As long as it doesn't get too close to the center hole.

Here's an example: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...build-thread&p=4038257&viewfull=1#post4038257

I never have seen that system before, it looks strong

Last edited:
Those offsets seem a little high on a 245, 17x8 +20 with a 20mm adapter still isn't flush ( although close in the front)

Im worring about the 17x10" in the rear, thats the reason why im thinking about redrilling, to avoid moving the rear wheel outside. My adapters are only 12mm wide, but im afraid of their strengh.

I think the best way is to redrill and keep both patterns, but....

Are them realiable for hard use those wheels with 10 holes on each? will they be safe for amateur drifting?

I know many wheels in the market with two hole patterns...but im in doubt

Back