• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Broken AMM wires.

Mbeas96

I have 2 failed 016 AMM's that have broken wires on the inside of the tube. Both within the last 10 months. I have a cone filter and the first one that broke didn't have the screen before the AMM wire, but this one that broke yesterday leaving me stranded an hour away from home had both screens.

I've read they often fail, but not this way. Is this common? Can I solder the wire back?

Are you installing used ones? They always have an unknown life span which is why I used to collect piles of them, and have a spare stashed in the trunk. They could last a mile or 10 years, who knows? Has nothing to do with your filter unless it has a hole or is over oiled.

Doesn’t the ecm have a cleaning mode that happens after shutdown? It heats the wires up to very high temperature. So maybe your ecm is the problem.

Well the first one I assume is original with the car...probably not but the second one was a spare my brother had in his garage. I'm going to go by the JY and grab some spares.

I am planning on changing to the 012 AMM with bigger injectors soon and I didn't want this to happen again, with one I can't just go to the junkyard and get. 960s are hard to come by these days...

Nothing wrong with putting the 016 guts in the 012 housing if you can't find spare 012s, or buy a new one that should last a very long time

Back