• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'94 regina 940 wtf

dware856

'94 regina 940 no start, again

WTF car.

So I was running into some fuel issues with this car earlier this year. A new fuel pump later and she's up and running.

Recently she died and upon inspection, the crank position sensor was really loose in its mount and the bolt hole had stripped causing the car to no start/ die. Everytime this would happen i would jiggle the sensor and it would start right up.

Fixed the thread, tightened the bolt down, and the sensor had a little play in the hole, is this normal?

! used a layer of electrical tape to fill the tolerance for a solid fit, making sure there was no overlap of the tape on or below close to the sensor. Now the car wont start though there is strong spark coming from the coil. It wont even start from starter fluid in the intake.

Running through the steps here:

-adequate fuel pressure to the rail
-injectors clicking while cranking. Radio suppression relay seems to be turning on like normal.
-Plug wires are in correct firing order

im stumped, any help here?

Last edited:
strong spark coming from the coil.

Timing belt slip?

Remove sparks, rotate crank to TDC...insert skinny screw driver into cyclinder one, and gently rotate crank back-n-forth...does TDC match up?

I had cam gear rotate, but this was on B23F engine...B230s didn't have this issue, iirc.

Its a brand new CPS. Still gives the Tach a wiggle when i try to start it.

When i crank the engine, it sputters and tries to start every 3 seconds or so. It wont even start with Starter Fluid.

Ill Check for TDC today, I checked the belt in the car and it looks to have all the teeth intact. Maybe a faulty tensioner would cause it to slip? It is a '94 regina car with a b230.

So upon further inspection, it looks like the timing marks are pretty off from the cam/ crank positions. looks like ill be installing a new belt/ tensioner and see where that gets me.

So upon further inspection, it looks like the timing marks are pretty off from the cam/ crank positions. looks like ill be installing a new belt/ tensioner and see where that gets me.

I’m sure you know this but jic the belt marks mean nothing they’re an aid for installation when it’s hard to keep the pulleys aligned, look at the white marks on the pulleys and their references on then crank cover and timing belt cover.

So while replacing the timing belt i noticed the rear timing cover was very deteriorated, shedding a bunch of plastic into the crank cog. This was filling the cog with plastic and caused the belt to slip. Im terrible with pictures, but almost every recess in the cog had plastic in it.

Put it back together with new plastics from ipd, oil seals, and a bunch of other shiny new parts and it fired right up! Man that feels good.

Pretty sure it was a oil leak from the cam seal. It was a little oily and super dirty. Put a fresh one in. Never have had a problem of overheating with the car. i am in miami though and its 150 degrees + a day here so maybe that had something to do with it

Back