• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ls1/t56 swap

LS_swapped

Finally getting around to starting my swap... been gathering parts. Got motor and trans

Ls1 with head studs and btr stage 4 cam... should be fun

Current performance wiring harness showed up this week...

All I've got for now... I've got holley oil pan, hooker manifolds, master cylinder, and quite a few other things sitting here.... just waiting on a few things to show up from STS machining. Hope to be updating this regularly soon with progress

Last edited:
Nice! Sounds like about where I'm at, large piles of parts. Post pics of the car its going in, what is it? Why T56? Great tranny, I'm just curious because I had quite an internal debate about that vs the TKO 600, the TKO won cause I just don't enjoy 6 speeds as much as a 5.

Ahh yeah sorry forgot to post a pic of the car, it's up now...

I bought motor and trans out of a 2002 Camaro from a buddy for a steal. The car is already a manual so really wanted to keep it that way.

Originally I was going to turbo it and 4l80 swap it. But now I want to keep it clean and simple, being the car is really clean, and have a nice fun daily car.

Needs a like button!!! Clean starter car too. If you have any fitment questions hit me up, running 6.0/t56 in an 83 with the holley pan and STS mounts.

Sean

Needs a like button!!! Clean starter car too. If you have any fitment questions hit me up, running 6.0/t56 in an 83 with the holley pan and STS mounts.

Sean

Thanks! Been following your build since I got the car. I am worried about the shifter, i think it's going to sit back a little farther than the stock one in the car... did you have to cut the hole out? Or are you going to run a offset shifter? I ordered a lock out delete so it will clear tunnel.. trying to keep from cutting up anything if I dont need to.

Hoping sts mounts and few other things ship out tomorrow or this week. Once they are here progress will speed up for sure

Well test fitted my wheels today... 17x7 steelies. I think its going to turn out pretty nice...

Going to need a little more trimming on the back and the axle centered back up. Looks like ill be ordering track bar soon

Been slow as hell at work this week... soo... progress

Anyone need a motor and trans!?! looks like trans has been rebuild at some point. Everything worked on the car... seemed to be well taken care of.

Thanks man, just checked out your post... cant wait to get my mounts and stuff in and really get to working on it. Also found the wiring .pdf file in your post. really needed that. My prodemand wiring diagrams suck haha!

Back