• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

15% Ethanol

eeaves42

New 15% ethanol AAA states it could harm older cars (pre 2001). So are we all screwed??? My brothers 88 740t already gets worst gas mileage and rubber fuel hoses cracking/leaked. Also my 960 gets 24 mpg hwy pure gas and 19 with %10 corn. Skynet???

The general consensus around here is the 87OC-93OC regular unleaded with 10% ethanol is going to be replaced with 15% instead. So you would not have a choice other than 89OC ethanol free from wawa for .50 cent more. My though is the extra 5%, is it going to cause problems for older Volvo's. Like a k-jet car could be hard off.

It might finally kill off some old dry rotted hoses on old cars that were going to fail at some point anyhow.

If you've replaced anything in the last 20 -25 years then you probably replaced it with something that can handle even higher ethanol.

New 15% ethanol AAA states it could harm older cars (pre 2001). So are we all screwed??? My brothers 88 740t already gets worst gas mileage and rubber fuel hoses cracking/leaked. Also my 960 gets 24 mpg hwy pure gas and 19 with %10 corn. Skynet???

Put in 15% higher flowing injectors.

I put E85 in my 1985 Dodge Omni and it did this.

367whp.jpg

My brothers 88 740t already gets worst gas mileage and rubber fuel hoses cracking/leaked.

So help your brother instead of posting on TB.

I put E85 in my 1985 Dodge Omni and it did this.

367whp.jpg

So help your brother instead of posting on TB.

Fuel lines that are the correct type and pressure rating looking great on the outside however are rotted and white on the inside. I do help my brother, but this is a discussion about the government raising the ethanol content in standard fuel if it will cause any problems with our classic Volvo's. I have already been experiencing them. Good job on some how getting almost 400 hp in a Omni but its not related to the subject matter.

Back