• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 93 Headlight Relay

SLO240

Awesome Sauce
I have done some searching and have not found a great answer yet. I have found a couple things out through trial and error, without looking at the wiring diagrams yet.
Four years ago or so my headlights stop working. I pull out the headlight relay located behind the center console and find the 5-spade connector to the relay melted like a pan full of cheese. I cut all the wires and splice on a clean one from the junk yard. Fast forward four years and the headlights are dim again. I pull out the connector and relay from behind they dash. The power wire side is lightly toasted and after a short drive the relay is too hot to touch. I opened up the relay and found the contacts were toasted with oxidation and what not. I tried to clean them off up bent one contact too far to make good contact.

This was where I found out that the interior lights and rear tail light (not brake light) are on a separate circuit from the head lights. The headlight relay for the '93 is a normally open single throw dual contact relay which is by no means a standard relay. The relay is toast and I cannot find another except for one source. Has anyone else ran into this problem and sourced a relay?

TLDR: Where can I find a replacement normally open dual contact relay?

Cheers

sddefault.jpg

Back