• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New high power 6 speed tranny option

poulrais

Check this out guys!

https://www.facebook.com/deeworks.ca/

l6g60CI.jpg

Nice to have another option. Wondering how gearing will play out - Probably best for a discussion elsewhere.
Curious about speedo pickup too for the mechanical/cable driven cars.

Nice to have another option. Wondering how gearing will play out - Probably best for a discussion elsewhere.
Curious about speedo pickup too for the mechanical/cable driven cars.

I'll probably use a 3.31 final... A 4.10 would not be the best option I think.

3.31 would probably work swimmingly in your case then. A 4.x would make 1st and 2nd useless with those boxes.

I like the idea of having a 6th cog on the highway. I feel I'm too invested to re-gear just to take advantage of that, lol.

3.31 would probably work swimmingly in your case then. A 4.x would make 1st and 2nd useless with those boxes.

Pretty much like the Getrag's ratios that were useless in my previous build... Never tried the Getrag with a 3.31 though.

I like the idea of having a 6th cog on the highway. I feel I'm too invested to re-gear just to take advantage of that, lol.

I think the factory rear end of the cars these transmissions come out of is like 3.5. So 3.31 should work fine.

3.31 will be the best bet with this trans out of the easily to get factory options.

They aren't that common though compared to other ratios.

3.73 would feel similar to a m47 in 1st and 6th gear. Not great.

3.31 will be the best bet with this trans out of the easily to get factory options.

They aren't that common though compared to other ratios.

3.73 would feel similar to a m47 in 1st and 6th gear. Not great.

But the difference is that the Cd009 can handle pretty much any power that will come out of a redblock or whiteblock even though the ratios are not the best with a 3.73

Are there any other cars with a compatible 3.31 (or higher) gear that could be swapped in the Volvo diiff?

3.15 ratio is available from one of those Swedish sites. They came stock on 1983 7 series turbodiesel with automatic tranny. Hard to find used.. There was one years ago at local pick n pull but I didn't know it had that ratio back then. It also had crank manual windows. I got those regulators for my race car with lexan windows.

Every 960 wagon with solid rear axle has 3.31 ratio rear(pre 96). Also has stronger G80 if it's a 1041K label on the tag. The whole rear end will fit in 740 or 940. I got one, I will probably put it in my SE when I put the m90 in.

Last edited:
How much torque will that Nissan box happily live with?

I've heard of guys putting out over 1000 hp on these transmissions... The Supra guys are installing these on their cars already because of the cost of the Toyota 6 speed. Collins has been making a 2JZ to Cd009 adapter for awhile. But you have to get the 2005 or later version of the tranny because earlier version had very weak synchros. They also came in the G35 btw...

That guy is running a stock Cd009 and diff in his 350z... 9.35/158 mph 1/4 mile.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-f1fjak5JXQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep. With the absurd price of the V160, the switch is this trans. Get them while they're still low in price, because the word is out. If I was doing something like this, I'd buy three and just sit on the other two. There's a couple of guys I know that have these behind 7m motors as well.

Last edited:
This is unreal, great for us AUS guys who don't have access to Mustang T5 boxes...

My car currently runs an m46 with a flat flywheel machined for lh2.4; to run the CD00* do I have to change anything in regards to the clutch or bellhousing setup? Or anything regarding the input shaft or pilot bearing?

Cheers

This is unreal, great for us AUS guys who don't have access to Mustang T5 boxes...

My car currently runs an m46 with a flat flywheel machined for lh2.4; to run the CD00* do I have to change anything in regards to the clutch or bellhousing setup? Or anything regarding the input shaft or pilot bearing?

Cheers

You'd have to change the clutch setup (or at least the disk's center spline), the pilot bearing, the shifter assembly and you'd have to modify your driveshaft for the cd009 output shaft...

Back