• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

745T fuel return line at tank

InferiorWang

I'm working on replacing the in-tank fuel pump and am having a really tough time getting the return line disconnected from the nipple on the cap. I finally got it to twist a little, but it still doesn't want to come free. I'm thinking about cutting the thing off, but I don't know what size hose I need to replace it. Does anyone known the inner diameter of this hose? And are there any tricks to connecting the replacement to the hard line above the rear axle? Access looks tight.

I just spent yesterday afternoon replacing my intake pump as well! Deleted the high pressure pump and installed a deatschwerks dw200. Super quiet, not expensive and powerful!

Since the lines get hard with age you will have an inner ring that forms over the flare end and make it difficult to remove. Just cut off the hoses because the hard lines aren't made to take a lot of stress and if they're corroded they'll twist off before you know it.

The return line should be 10mm i.d.
12mm i.d is the pressure side.

I jacked up the car and let the rear axle hang. It's still tight but not terribly restricted.

Back