• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Engine Mount Cables

I used an HFT ratchet strap and it kept breaking.. Rather just replace the engine mounts every year than deal with that or vibrations from harder mounts. I'm interested in seeing the verdict on those torque rod things in the group buy.

240mountscable5kmiles01.jpg
Someone with skills . . . make the mounts I really want (see post #20).
Dave

s-l300.jpg

http://www.retroturbo.com/?product=volvo-240-series-solid-engine-mounts-b230#!prettyPhoto

where were those mounts made? just got some and they were all 3 made in turkey and brake pads were india.

Dave,
Maybe could run the white block bolt in lower engine mounts I have and late 940 redblock upper mounts with the hydraulic cushions. Correct me if I'm wrong but the 960 whiteblock lower mounts are the same as the 940 redblock lowers?

Dave,
Maybe could run the white block bolt in lower engine mounts I have and late 940 redblock upper mounts with the hydraulic cushions. Correct me if I'm wrong but the 960 whiteblock lower mounts are the same as the 940 redblock lowers?

Thanks, Jacob,
There might be room on the passenger side for something larger, but the 240 driver side is seriously crowded with the steering rack, which is much closer to the engine than in a 700/900. I know you have a 240, but the only way I see for a mount on the driver side that takes more space or moves outboard with a tilted motor would be putting it up on the frame like my image in post #20.

I suppose if I wanted to make the motor upright I could find a place for a larger mount on the driver side. But I'm not going that route in the planned future.

Edit: Here's a pic from a 240 Green Book showing how crowded that driver side mount is. No room.
Dave
-

Attachments

• 20190524_114819.jpg
    20190524_114819.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
If something could be made to mount even just a hydro mount on the passenger side and a stock mount on the driver's side(stock durometer), it would make for a comfortable ride. I would suspect we'd also need something additional to help deal with the torque to help reduce the twisting forces, though. Something along the lines of what Scott/STS Machining has going on, but less solidly mounted.

Bose invented magnetorheological fluid and dampers. They sell a badass truck seat.

Actually, I think a NASA rocket scientist (Steve Papell) gets the nod for the first ferrofluids -- and everyone else took it from there.

3rd mount up top Dave -- draw it up and get somebody local to fab it -- or break down and crank up some welding skills. One of the best moves I made on mine - smooth as silk, quiet -- and virtually no engine movement under torque - accel or decel.

Back