• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New to me '71 142

First mod. Somehow this car got the ridiculous manifold with the secondary throttle plates in it. I have a nice original '67 siamese manifold to go on. I didn't think they used those as late as '71.

Today I drank some beer and did some stuff.

imOht8y.jpg

^That's looking great!! Any more pics?

Even if I had some they'd be the same grainy iPhone quality as this one. We're cruising through the NC mountains this weekend though so maybe I can get some then.

Also, big thanks to Greg for the suspension, Ian (hiperfauto) for getting my bushings pressed in, and Dan for whipping up a set of adjustable torque rods and a panhard bar.

What do you recommend to clean the paint up nice before waxing? It got a little moldy while it sat and there's still some spots I couldn't get off with soap and water.

Wash the whole car dawn with dawn to remove old waxes and get it real clean. Then clay bar, some sort of compound like meguiars paint restoration cream, and wax or seal it after that with something decent like meg's 25 yellow wax or 21 sealant.

Even if I had some they'd be the same grainy iPhone quality as this one. We're cruising through the NC mountains this weekend though so maybe I can get some then.

Also, big thanks to Greg for the suspension, Ian (hiperfauto) for getting my bushings pressed in, and Dan for whipping up a set of adjustable torque rods and a panhard bar.
You really gotta watch the high spots in the road or else the front crossmember will not be happy. :rofl:

What do you recommend to clean the paint up nice before waxing? It got a little moldy while it sat and there's still some spots I couldn't get off with soap and water.

Get a clay bar kit for sure. I lost a beer at one point because i set it on the roof of my 240 and it slid off after clay baring it. Its surprising how smooth it makes the paint.

Sounds like the clay bar is a good start. I'll see what I can do this weekend.

You really gotta watch the high spots in the road or else the front crossmember will not be happy. :rofl:

Actually it sits a little higher than the 122 when it was at it's lowest. I can get my jack out from under this one without setting it down on boards :lol:

Hey Andrew,

I searched this whole thread and Gregs and I couldn't find the exact specs on your suspension.

At one point he had 5x8 #600 front springs with kyb gas adjusts. Then I think he went with 5x6 5/8 #800.

Can you just talk to me a little about your suspension?

Back