• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 940 B200FT Wenthworth M90 Clutch Compability

Mihor33

Hello there ,

New to the Turbo Bricks but old to the turbo scene , so now im after some specific info in order to make this brick faster !
I have no idea what bhp after , but im guessing the mods planned for the car will take it to 300hp
so for now thats the goal and the clutch capacity needs

After reading through the forum and internet and doing some digging on my own i have few questions

If i use Dogdish flywheel and a M90 gearbox , the only option for clutch is from the post 1995 Diesel engine , complete as a set , as the older ones has 22 spindles ? Correct ?

If i use flat solid flywheel , i can use 850R clutch which 20 spindles and 240 mm , but i found out that the 850 T5 2.0 Turbo version has the same 240 mm and 20 spindles clutch , so what i wonder if this one would fit same as the 850 T-5R one as im gessiong thats what 850R refers to?

I know there are plenty other options but this being the 4th turbo car i own , i dont wanna get too crazy to mods and costs , so thats what i found for budget option as i could say , id be glad if you give me some other option that i might miss in all the info around the internet !

We'll it's the size that matters. The stock dog dish is 228mm clutch. The TTV billet steel flywheel for 850R clutch and m90 is 240mm. Other options are also available. But stock dog dish would be cheapest with turbodiesel clutch for m90 not m46. I recommend billet steel flywheel. I had dog dish explode on me. Totaled the whole car and everything.

Seeing as you want 300hp not sure stock diesel clutch would even hold that.

Use dogdish flywheel with M90 diesel clutch disc and with Sachs SRE 883082 999763 pressure plate.

Nice clutch and its pretty cheap option too. Sachs has rated it 430 Nm on regular disc and 505 Nm on sintered clutch. Usually they hold about 20% more of that too, when new.

Use dogdish flywheel with M90 diesel clutch disc and with Sachs SRE 883082 999763 pressure plate.

Nice clutch and its pretty cheap option too. Sachs has rated it 430 Nm on regular disc and 505 Nm on sintered clutch. Usually they hold about 20% more of that too, when new.

I can second this setup. Has been holding up very well on my 16v turbo daily driver @ 15psi.

Back