• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 + hy35 and no BOV, stalling

Sweep

I've not long had my 940 project up and running and noticed a few issues. It's 2.4 on TLAO chips, 012 and 60lb Deka injectors. I've noticed when it's up to temperature and you blip the throttle or give it any reasonable revs, it tends to die when the revs come back down. Do I need to run a BOV with this setup? Or is it a case of the ECU needing to learn the chips?

Ben.

from my experience that LH cannot handle big anatomical deadrooms.. the bigger everything gets ye more the LH get hickups at throttlechanges

I've not long had my 940 project up and running and noticed a few issues. It's 2.4 on TLAO chips, 012 and 60lb Deka injectors. I've noticed when it's up to temperature and you blip the throttle or give it any reasonable revs, it tends to die when the revs come back down. Do I need to run a BOV with this setup? Or is it a case of the ECU needing to learn the chips?

Ben.

Yes you need a some sort of recic valve or bov. Or you can raise the idle up high as a bandaid

Check for air leaks?

Still have your IAC valve?
Good shout on air leaks, I've made my own boost pipes so better check that anyway.

And yes still got the stock valve.

Yes you need a some sort of recic valve or bov. Or you can raise the idle up high as a bandaid

Bugger, I hate the sound of BOV's :(

By the way, what are the two ports on top of the throttle body used for? I've pinched one for the boost gauge but unsure what the other was for.

Good shout on air leaks, I've made my own boost pipes so better check that anyway.

And yes still got the stock valve.

Bugger, I hate the sound of BOV's :(

By the way, what are the two ports on top of the throttle body used for? I've pinched one for the boost gauge but unsure what the other was for.

Do a bosch style recirc and recirc it into the intake. That will be quiet

I just had an entire thread about this but with my HKS.

What it effectively amounted to was that you need the recirc or LH gets upset. I'm ATTEMPTING to teach my car on recirc and THEN try and slowly scale it back with the HKS but honestly... by then I might have my MS2 swapped in so...

But I was pretty surprised that the 3 inch and the (I'm on) 577's were giving it fits while VTA.

I had good luck with the hks ssqv on mine, had a cheap one that said his and it gave me issues. Bought a genuine one and it worked perfect

I just had an entire thread about this but with my HKS.

What it effectively amounted to was that you need the recirc or LH gets upset

Nope, we have said that this is an invalid statement, there are hundreds of thousands of miles that have been driven on LH 2.4 cars with a BOV (and the HKS) without any issues. If your car is still having issues with it then it is something with your setup. Yes it is very hard to look at and resolve an issue over the internet but for sure there is something very basic off on your car if it doesn't start run and drive just fine with the BOV on LH.

I ran the BOV on a bone stock LH car without any issues.

The biggest issue with LH and BOV's are that most are open at idle and cruise, as long as you shim the aftermarket unit so that it does not function like that units like the Tial and RFL no longer have issues. Some have had issues with knock off HKS units and others not as the HKS functions a different way and should not have issues.

Nope, we have said that this is an invalid statement, there are hundreds of thousands of miles that have been driven on LH 2.4 cars with a BOV (and the HKS) without any issues. If your car is still having issues with it then it is something with your setup. Yes it is very hard to look at and resolve an issue over the internet but for sure there is something very basic off on your car if it doesn't start run and drive just fine with the BOV on LH.

I ran the BOV on a bone stock LH car without any issues.

The biggest issue with LH and BOV's are that most are open at idle and cruise, as long as you shim the aftermarket unit so that it does not function like that units like the Tial and RFL no longer have issues. Some have had issues with knock off HKS units and others not as the HKS functions a different way and should not have issues.

Yeah... sorry Mike, I was typing fast. And you might be right, but I've yet to be able to track anything down that's out of order. I'm just wondering if having it LEARN on my setup with a new AMM, new injectors, and a non-recirc BOV was too much all at once.

To be clear, it starts, runs and drives just fine. But if I go clutch in above the IACV threshold it will stall after trying to catch itself. But I'm not trying to threadjack. I wonder if it's my adapter on the turbo housing...

It has to be something you are just overlooking. I have a manual car with the turbo mounted HKS with a 012amm and 65lb injectors. If it is stalling when you hit the clutch then either the IAC or TPS are not properly functioning to bring the car to idle. No reason for it to die.

And yet it works fine with the CBV. I have two sets of each of those parts. All four of which test correctly based on the specs I've got. They pass the LH tests. They pass the BLT. I don't disagree that I'm missing something my friend... I just haven't been able to find it.

how about the opener posts a few pics ;)

:D

J3LoKOd.jpg

ihg8g62.jpg

Cheers for the help chaps.

Back