• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dog Dish Flywheel and high torque

I think most of the ones that have blown up were lightened. But it's entirely possible that's a correlation, not causation, because the people who tend to lighten them also tend to use them more 'enthusiastically'. So is it the use or the lightening? Or both?

Dunno, I got a JohnV billet steel for mine (used with a Spec Aero Saab clutch). In a 240 your feet are in line with the flywheel. A bit less so in a 700/900.

We'll see here you saying m90 then it blows so then you put in bmw trans and use the same setup, we'll guess what m90 and bmw do not have the same input shaft splines so you can't use the same disc, fyi. As far as BMW manual trans I got 265 getrag BMW in my 90 745 with johnV billet steel flywheel and same saab areo 900000 240mm pressure plate and yeah I'm using bmw z3 ten spline 240mm clutch disc. The getrag 265 blows up over 500 horse power. Local round about racer here used to run one till he built 600hp 8v turbo redblock and started blowing them. He now uses Nascar 5 speed...

Get ford one and use T5 adapter to redblock.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Andrews-a4...h=item26125f105d:g:WfUAAOSwRTtbQi~6:rk:1:pf:0

If your really 600nanometer torque good luck with anything else... Maybe in europe there is better BMW stronger trans. Me no know.

My 90 turbo 745 stock m46 13c I kept blowing m46's is why I put getrag in. Sick of having to put good one in. One year did 5 in one year..

Last edited:
I think what Aris is getting at is he has a proper (i.e. not normal TB level) build that's throwing around 500-ish at the ground last I heard. T5's aren't easy to come by over there either, so that's out. Going with the M5 plate now with an M90 splined disc will allow him to buy a pressure plate for his current trans, then he can kill the M90, get the Getrag, and only have to buy a new disc at that time, not a new plate as well.

Back