• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

G80 rear differential - 1041 marking

x2 Sbabbs info.

My USA model 92 960 came with a G80 and 3.31 gears. (I cannot remember "K" or not)

x2 Sbabbs info.

My USA model 92 960 came with a G80 and 3.31 gears. (I cannot remember "K" or not)

That's nice! I'm swapping the entire IRS from my 1992 960 under ma 740 that is getting a T6 motor and CD009 tranny. I was planning to install this 3.31 gear I bought a while ago to better the CD009 gearing but I this wont be necessary if I have the right final gear in the 960's diff.

That's nice! I'm swapping the entire IRS from my 1992 960 under ma 740 that is getting a T6 motor and CD009 tranny. I was planning to install this 3.31 gear I bought a while ago to better the CD009 gearing but I this wont be necessary if I have the right final gear in the 960's diff.

:nod: Lurking on your build as well. Great project and I wanna see that roll hard!

:nod: Lurking on your build as well. Great project and I wanna see that roll hard!

The project is at a crawling pace these days cause I'm helping another TBricker from Ontario with his 740 drifting machine build... B230ft + 16V built/forged motor + CD009.

I should get on my project full time by mid March. Can't wait to update the build thread with meaningful infos! :)

4-C4-F5554-13-E1-402-B-ABAE-698-F10-B6-CC54.jpg

Bumping this thread as there is finally a 1992 960 at a local junkyard. I’m unable to see the marking on the differential without dropping the crossmember or gas tank. For those that have pulled a G 80 out of a 960 what’s the easiest method? And although this tag doesn’t show the 1041 marking would that actually be on the axle itself rather than his crossmember?

Bumping this thread as there is finally a 1992 960 at a local junkyard. I’m unable to see the marking on the differential without dropping the crossmember or gas tank. For those that have pulled a G 80 out of a 960 what’s the easiest method? And although this tag doesn’t show the 1041 marking would that actually be on the axle itself rather than his crossmember?
Is that an IRS car? If so that diff will only be useful for an IRS application it will require 26 spline axles. 1 worse than the 27 spline that the solid axle cars use.

Is that an IRS car? If so that diff will only be useful for an IRS application it will require 26 spline axles. 1 worse than the 27 spline that the solid axle cars use.

Ok, thanks Ben. Kinda what I thought, yes this was an IRS 960...so no go.

The white tag is located on the drivers side back of the rear axle housing. Lots of times it's covered in goop and you gotta scrape the goop to read the tag. IF it has 1041 on it has the g80. IF it has 1041K on it, 960's, it is even a better stronger g80..

Use WD40 and a plastic scraper/toothbrush.

Back