• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

R?da's orange'75 242 DL

Not bad. What's the hassle with the engine conversion for Sweden?

Volvo have sat a limit to what they think the car can handle.
And the 240 is rated to 220hp and 275Nm with the vented discs and 1031 rear end.
So the donor engine has to be within that limit, unmodified and catalyzed if it's a 1976 or newer.
1975 has a more free regulation, engine can be modified and with out catalyzer but still within the limit.
That's the easy way of getting a swap road legal.

If you register it as a "modified vehicle" you can register with more power, depending on the cars weight.
But then you need to swap: engine, transmission, all of the brake system and rear or front axle. All to non bolt-on stuff.

That's the route I'm taking.

I've lost the storage garage for this car. But since I've bought an empty property for a coming house and garage build I placed it there.

I was going to drive it there, so I took the battery out of my '92 244, but it turns out Volvo switched the battery poles over the years so it didn't fit.
So I jump started it and it fired up, smoking and running bad. After a few jump starts I noticed the carb was leaking gas like a mother****er down on the exhaust manifold, so I decided to tow it instead.

So now sadly, it will sit until I build my garage. Like 1.5 years from now...

Out by the property:

Untitled by Jonas Volvo, on Flickr

This does not compute, I thought you were a 7 series only guy! Didn't you confess to this last week?

Great find, rad color! It's perfect the way it is!

Are you using weld thru primer? If not expect to do the same repairs again in a few years :(

Drinkin' the weld thru primer Koolaid,eh?In places where your seam welding it's basically useless,'cause you burn it all off.The only place where it may be useful is on pinch weld areas with plug welds.Only 'cause you tend to grind the whole flange clean then plug the holes you've drilled.The best way to do it is to fit your new panel then drill a 1/8 pilot hole through the panel & it will mark the body so grind off a small spot where the drill bit hit,thereby saving all factory zinc protection.The best way is to use panel bonder where ever possible.Total seal.

Last edited:
It's back from the dead

My garage is now weatherproof and I wanted to move it inside.
Replaced the fuel pump and some fuel line and it started right up!

The current plan it to keep it stock and get it roadworthy and drive it. Reason being that I'm going to inherit a car restoration that's going to be the main focus first.

I love those big 8-inch headlights. Nice garage!

Guessing the sun is getting to be a stranger to you these days. Photos taken around noon? So bright!

31926909848_af74138810_c.jpg

I see you're already running out of room. :)

Haha, indeed

Nice car, nice shop. Is that the Swedish version of a pole building?

No, this is normal construction standard here. A house would be constructed the same.
The outside will get the same wooden panel as the house and the inside will get insulated and drywalled.

I love those big 8-inch headlights. Nice garage!

Guessing the sun is getting to be a stranger to you these days. Photos taken around noon? So bright!

Best 240 front end! Too bad you only got the smaller ones.

This was at 3 PM.
But yeah november-december sucks. Short short days, constant cloudy for weeks and no snow to lighten up.

Can I have your garage? :D

Haha, no. I've worked hard for this :-P

Nice one! Please don?t ruin it with turbos and ****. Just add some nice wheels and perhaps a new paint job.

Det finns ju inte s? m?nga kvar numera...

Beautiful. I always loved that interior. What?s the exterior color code it looks more red than the 75 orange my gf has

Yeah, it?s a great interior.
This is color 113. The more yellow tone orange these years is called 116

Back