• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sander's 6.0 V12 745 project

That looks great! I love how you're doing all the stuff I've been planning to do in my mind, it's a great reference :p!
I did get the later block with the 12 cops, the lower hp was emissions related, it shoul dhave the same potential as the earlier engine.

I don't have the engine yet, it's on the boat from Japan as we speak :p.
Great to hear the measurement of 85cm is from the trans mounting face to the pulley.
I've seen it mentioned on forums before, but no one mentions from where to where the measurement is.
The m120 has a big part of the bellhousing attached to it so it's a bit different from most other engines.

Where in the netherlands are you located? I'm in Venlo myself.

Where in Japan did you buy the engine? And what was approx the price? I am looking kleinanzeigen a lot, but there aren't many engines for sale; and when they are, high mileage or big prices. Thx in advance! Kris (belgium)

Everything I could find even slightly local (I'm in the netherlands and was looking as far as switzerland at one point :p) were all very high mileage early engines.
Now I've got one with well under 100k kms and from a late model year for a bit under €2,5k.

Still adding a gate to the oil pan your capacity is going down and I didn't see one as I skipped from beginning to end and then went back read through and you said you were adding one, still planning to do so?

If so I was curious what it looks like.

Cool project, keep up the work!

Still adding a gate to the oil pan your capacity is going down and I didn't see one as I skipped from beginning to end and then went back read through and you said you were adding one, still planning to do so?

If so I was curious what it looks like.

Cool project, keep up the work!

Thanks! Yes, still planning to add one. I'm a bit busy with other things at the moment, but should have time to continue again in a week or 2. I plan on adding something very similair to what is in a stock B230 oil pan, I just had to finish the pick up tube first because it'll be a bit in the way

Any updates? This build is awesome

Thanks, it's been going pretty slow due to work and other things that needed to be done. Been working mostly on cleaning parts etc so I can put the engine back together. 48 valves are great, until you have to clean them all and replace 48 valve stem seals. I'm getting pretty close now to slapping the engine back together and putting it back in the car so I can start on the exhaust manifolds.

I forgot to take some before pics, just imagine everything black and covered in several mm of carbon deposits.

Last edited:
Started putting the engine back together. Heads are on again, timing chain installed and everything timed correctly and the front covers which are a bit of a pain to install with the seals. Also stripped the paint off the valve covers and repainted them with black 2k primer and then black wrinkle paint. The right hand cover came out great, the left one is ok. Might redo that one. Next up is finishing the oil pan, freshen up the transmission, clean the outside of the engine and then it can all go back in the car. Pictures!

Last edited:
Looks great! What wrinkle paint is that? I need to do the valve cover on my Saab 900, I like the finish. Did it need baking or anything?

Speechless, again. Sincere compliments
Thanks!

Looks great! What wrinkle paint is that? I need to do the valve cover on my Saab 900, I like the finish. Did it need baking or anything?

It's wrinkle paint from VHT. According to the instructions, it'll wrinkle without heat but it does help a lot. It needs to be cured at 90 degrees in an oven for an hour though. Or just run it on your engine, it does the same.

Nice progress! It's surprising how the intake cam gears only need a few chain links of contact.

Yeah, doesn't look like it has much contact but it's a double chain of course

This is the best TB has to offer atm. Very unique. :nod:

Only if built with quad turbos, of course!

Come on Sander, doooooo it!

(And on your way to doing things unreasonable, give me your R/T Scat Pack. Christmas is just around the corner!)

P.S. - :cheers: on still wanting to implant a motor with so many moving parts

Back