• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rich raises the bar on the 7/9 LS Turbo game - 901 RWHP!!!

Hey guys, my fault I crossed the line and shouldn't have been so (bigorty, homophobic) childish, this is a community not a hate forum. My apologies.

Yeah I'm late to the redblock game, I know that. We all are, people been pushing 700hp out of redblocks since the 80s.
My last set setup was basic, sealed b230f, agp 56mm turbo at 28psi, 25?timimg, dual 310lph pumps on stock hanger -8 fuel lines, ems and missing a lot of other things, that thing Dynoed 403whp on them pepboys dyno day. After about 50 pulls and daily driving I was having issues with the head gasket pushing out on cylinder#3.
That was probably because of my tuning abilities and out dated ems which is the wolf ems.

I currently refreshing this setup with, h beam rods, na pistons milled 1mm, ARP head bolts, cometic MLS head gasket, o ringed block, knife edge crack, equal length turbo manifold, s262 efr, d plenum intake manifold.
Redoing the ems with a more up to date system. This is the plan for 600hp.
I didn't mean to claim 600hp just got excited and I did, that's a lie. My engine isn't even together yet.
Transmission is th350, started slipping, my aw71 didn't ever slip it would just brake.
Will post it up once it's all together.

Too bad there is no such thing as an "s262 efr."

Also, you might want to bring in somebody who knows what they are doing if you are talking about how you ran 25* timing on pump gas...

Too bad there is no such thing as an "s262 efr."
Also, you might want to bring in somebody who knows what they are doing if you are talking about how you ran 25* timing on pump gas...
Fixed that typo on turbos, thought I fixed that in the first edit.
Maybe you are correct on the timing, yes that's on pump gas. I've had it up to 38? on e100. But lower boost @15psi. But thats what happens. I'm just learning as i go. We all start somewhere, if I don't hit the 600hp mark I will be close.

Maybe you are correct on the timing, yes that's on pump gas. I've had it up to 38? on e100. But lower boost @15psi. But thats what happens. I'm just learning as i go. We all start somewhere, if I don't hit the 600hp mark I will be close.

Do yourself a favor and make sure your base timing is set correctly...also do some research into a term called "mean best timing."

Furthermore, a 6258 isn't going to get you anywhere near 600whp...let alone 600 crank. Those turbos don't like being put into compressor overspeed and can/will blow up if you try to push it beyond what it is made to do. Take a look at t8fanning's build thread using EFRs....you will see he had to switch to a 7670 to get it to actually make 30 psi. That is also with a 1.01 housing iirc.

Anyways, make a thread for your attempt at 600hp...this can be discussed more there.

Let me guess....you?re a roll racer right? Lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Again this is all relative for cost, but I expect most swaps are in the 3-6k range. Probably+ if you are big turbo, built trans, and dual fuel pumps... +Ford 8.8 rear eventually.

The engines are cheap... It is all the other junk that adds up.

I didn't budget build mine, but I didn't go HAM either. I think after the dust settled, I was sitting around 8k. Could've done it cheaper, could've easily spent more on it. The $1500 converter and $1500 cbb 7875 didn't help keep things sane either. I also: upgraded intercooler cores, got a cam spec'd for turbo use from the man himself, john bewley, and did a bunch of probably unnecessary maintenance items... new oil pump(not an h.o.), chain, ls2 'tensioner', crank gear(I think), arp crank bolt, arp head bolts, front and rear main seals, all that boring ass **** that adds up.

Hey guys, my fault I crossed the line and shouldn't have been so (bigorty, homophobic) childish, this is a community not a hate forum. My apologies.

Yeah I'm late to the redblock game, I know that. We all are, people been pushing 700hp out of redblocks since the 80s.
My last set setup was basic, sealed b230f, agp 56mm turbo at 28psi, 25?timimg, dual 310lph pumps on stock hanger -8 fuel lines, ems and missing a lot of other things, that thing Dynoed 403whp on them pepboys dyno day. After about 50 pulls and daily driving I was having issues with the head gasket pushing out on cylinder#3.
That was probably because of my tuning abilities and out dated ems which is the wolf ems.

I currently refreshing this setup with, h beam rods, na pistons milled 1mm, ARP head bolts, cometic MLS head gasket, o ringed block, knife edge crack, equal length turbo manifold, s262 or 6258 efr, d plenum intake manifold.
Redoing the ems with a more up to date system. This is the plan for 600hp.
I didn't mean to claim 600hp just got excited and I did, that's a lie. My engine isn't even together yet.
Transmission is th350, started slipping, my aw71 didn't ever slip it would just brake.
Will post it up once it's all together.

So like I said before while you were flapping your cock holster... When you catch up to where we've been, you can then opine on where we went.

Didn't Nathan split his redblock at 568whp? He went 2JZ after that. You may be limited by metallurgy and physics.

negative. he punched his out and had a thin wall on one hole, and ended up having to get it sleeved. I bored mine to 96.5, and then beat upon it mercilessly and flung it through a field at 100+mph, it finally cracked a cylinder 6 years after taking flight and being subjected to untold numbers of crimes against humanity. Also, AW71's don't "just break" at the 300hp mark, I've had a couple of them put down multiple 500+whp pulls.

start by reading and understanding what you're trying to do and how to get there, not by arbitrarily advancing ignition timing and seeing what happens. and I dunno, maybe see what other folks have done. crazy thought there, I know.

Damn this thread got good lmao.

Congrats on the power man. Love your build and love when that ****ty green Volvo shows up on the sloppy youtube channel.

Do yourself a favor and make sure your base timing is set correctly...also do some research into a term called "mean best timing."

Furthermore, a 6258 isn't going to get you anywhere near 600whp...let alone 600 crank. Those turbos don't like being put into compressor overspeed and can/will blow up if you try to push it beyond what it is made to do. Take a look at t8fanning's build thread using EFRs....you will see he had to switch to a 7670 to get it to actually make 30 psi. That is also with a 1.01 housing iirc.

Anyways, make a thread for your attempt at 600hp...this can be discussed more there.

Definitely agree on the timing comments.

Tate is also living at high elevations. his old setup would have been much faster and probably adequate at sea level.

Tate is also living at high elevations. his old setup would have been much faster and probably adequate at sea level.

Elevation is definitely the issue. When I drove to Socal euro it made 30 psi all day down there and even overboosted. I had to drop wastegate duty by like 15% at high RPM. The car felt so much faster. Once I got back up to elevation boost dropped right back down and wouldn't make my target.

Elevation is definitely the issue. When I drove to Socal euro it made 30 psi all day down there and even overboosted. I had to drop wastegate duty by like 15% at high RPM. The car felt so much faster. Once I got back up to elevation boost dropped right back down and wouldn't make my target.

Guess you know what you need to do.

Definitely agree on the timing comments.

oh, elevation absolutely was the reason for his...but a 6258 isn't going to make anywhere near 600hp for damn sure. My coworker has a 7670 on his evo 8 with a 1.01 housing on it and is still at 25-26 psi to make 450whp on an engine with a much better flowing head...

oh, elevation absolutely was the reason for his...but a 6258 isn't going to make anywhere near 600hp for damn sure. My coworker has a 7670 on his evo 8 with a 1.01 housing on it and is still at 25-26 psi to make 450whp on an engine with a much better flowing head...

But it'll sure get me to the 500hp even my s256will get me into the 500hp mark no issue.
If your friend has that turbo and is only doing what a stock evo turbo does y'all need the pros.

Why complain about my timing? maybe you outta go outside pop that laptop open and see what you are doing wrong.

Back