• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Tunerstudio CAS DSM help!

sideways242

I have recently received my microsquirt ecu back from DIYautotune after my first one crapped out. setup is a b230ft with microsquirt, ls coils, and cas dsm. I have confirmed spark with the CAS spinning out of the block, as well as good flow through my injectors using tunerstudios testing mode. The main issue I am having is setting up the correct igntion options. Anyone have a similar setup, or know how to configure something like this? I used the gross polluters write up, but the screenshots are no longer available. Any ideas would help, Thanks!

Current setting below:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/DChyLFX" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/DChyLFX"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

iirc it's rising on the crank and falling on the cam, and then TDC angle is whatever it is. did you not have the old msq available or has this setup never run?

iirc it's rising on the crank and falling on the cam, and then TDC angle is whatever it is. did you not have the old msq available or has this setup never run?

I had this same setup on/ settings on the old ECU and it started but immediately puttered out. I'll try to swap the falling and rising and report back! thanks!

I checked my volvo CAS tune but that car has a wasted sparks and a 24-1-1 DIY trigger wheel.
I used it with rising edge and as a 12-1 crank speed wheel.

I checked my volvo CAS tune but that car has a wasted sparks and a 24-1-1 DIY trigger wheel.
I used it with rising edge and as a 12-1 crank speed wheel.

I'm currently using wasted COP and have a yoshifab hi res trigger disk, Do you remember how you oriented the disk at tdc?

I had this same setup on/ settings on the old ECU and it started but immediately puttered out. I'll try to swap the falling and rising and report back! thanks!

update: I got the car to sputter to life just for a second followed by a large backfire (with the original ignition settings I had before), maybe it has to do with my CAS orientation with the disk?

Have you tried running in Wasted Spark rather than Wasted COP? I seem to recall that I had a similar problem although I am running only crank trigger.

Just curious, if you are using a Cam Angle Sensor, why not run sequential spark?

Here is my config...

hFWmDTMl.png

Also, on the Engine and Sequential Settings are you set to Engine Type: Even Fire?

Last edited:
I think that Wasted COP uses 4 spark output pins, and fires them alternately in pairs, while Wasted Spark uses 2 spark output pins and fires them alternately. You'd only use Wasted COP as a temporary initial setup if you're not sure the Cam timing is correct.

What pins do you have each COP connected to? Firing order is cyl: 1-3-4-2 so you want 1&4 to SpkA and 2&3 to SpkB for Wasted Spark.

Back