• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jerky transitions

LeedomtoFreedom

I've noticed that transitioning from being on throttle and off throttle is kind of jerky. Almost as if I'm sidestepping the pedal, which I'm not.

I seem to remember reading that using larger injectors on lh2.4 can cause this.

any thoughts?

Yeah I’m having this same problem. My 240 is a manual so whenever I press in the clutch or put in neutral it is smooth when I let off the gas but if it’s in gear and I’m driving and I let off the gas it’s jerky.

My assumption on this is the nature of the bosch system. Since it uses a switch, and not a variable TPS to determine throttle position, when the throttle slams shut it suddenly switches from a "drive mode" table to an idle table. you may not notice this transition on an automatic car, but with a manual being directly coupled to the engine it's noticeable. Could also be a blown out trans or engine mount not properly dampening the drivetrain, like i've run into with FWD cars. It's really bad on our Saab c900 which is running LH2.4.

It could be a bunch of things. I'd start with mechanical. Check u-joints in the driveshaft, bushings on the rear end, engine mounts as mentioned, trans mounts and pinion/ring gear backlash.
Or it could be as simple as a misadjusted throttle switch.

Back