• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

seat grid

xactorocker

Just picket up a new seat grid for my 240. does anyone know how many springs go on it. I have 3 short and then also 2 new long ones then picked up 2 more long just incase. Thank you
--- update
Looked at other seat has two of each but I cant seem goet the springs on anyone know a good way.

Last edited:
Those springs have the tension approaching that of valve springs.

Don't hurt yourself!

I was not able to stretch only one side's springs to hook the seat pad. I had to stretch both sides at the same time to get enough spread of the springs using 2x4's as leavers.

edited-image_3.png~original

Last edited:
Dang that's crazy so you just stuck the 2x4 in and turned it? Also whats the coat hanger wire for. Thanks.

From the looks of it, a couple big C-clamps, or beefy woodworking bar clamps, would help pre-tension one side of the frame. To get the final springs in place, I'd use a big round-shaft screwdriver through the spring end and against the frame to wedge+slide the spring in place. You'd need to have the spring end facing down to do this.

Brake spring pliers plus a bit of bent-up SS antenna rod were a big help to me. Safety makes it worth thinking this through. If I remember right, the eight springs go long ones toward the front of the seat.

seat87.jpg

seat220.jpg

(The scrap of carpet in the pic above was a common suggestion to stiffen old foam -- back 20 years.)

I ended up getting my 4 springs in like my other seat using a c clamp and a screwdriver to full the spring the last bit. thank you all
Only worked because i had two people

Last edited:
Tore the ligaments in my right elbow doing this job, wish this post popped up months ago. Still hasn't fully healed.

Back