• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ohm range for Rallye fuel gauge needed!

The e-brake switch and brake failure switch are on the same circuit. Either one can cause the light to come on. Unplug the brake failure switch and see if the light goes out. If it does, try resetting the switch by removing it, stepping on the brake pedal and reinstalling. If it won't reset, the end of the plunger on the switch may have broken off. If the light is still on with the brake failure switch unplugged, check the parking brake lever switch. There's supposed to be a little plastic piece that fits in the underside of the parking brake handle that contacts the switch plunger.

Which oil sender do you have? Are there 2 wires going to the sender? Any pics of the back of the cluster?

The oil pressure sender I have is the VDO 0-150 PSI10 Bar 1/8-27 NPT - 10-180 Ohms. I can't posy pics, can you send me you email? But I think it is with the gauge/cluster. As I mentioned before, the gauge pings straight to the right as soon I turn the key, without the sensor being connected.

Thanks!

Ok!! Thanks everyone, especially Ian at Hiperfauto for walking mr thru wiring the oil pressure sender with the gauge cluster. On my way to the auto parts store to see my temperature sender options!!

Happy Father's Day everyone!

Just wanted to bump this thread with more info. Tri-Starr Radiator in NY was able to convert my sender as well, although I had to "modify" the conversion a bit to fit my tank opening ('68 145s). The temp sender can actually be found as a Volvo Penta part number 824552 or 21208715. Works great, temp gauge is right in the middle when the thermostat opens on my car.

Hi guys, sorry to dig up and old post, my Rallye Gauge is in with Roger getting rebuilt, Dan at Tristarr says he needs a concrete number to work the sending unit to,

Any updates or information would be super helpful. Thanks in advance.

I wasn't aware that 71142volvo had a problem with those specs. PM him and ask him to check his sender.

I wasn't aware that 71142volvo had a problem with those specs. PM him and ask him to check his sender.

This is what he said in a private message to me;

"I thought at one point I posted it because the first time he did it...we had the wrong setting."

Hi guys,

I?m new to this forum and I had a question concerning the rallye cluster. I need to repair my fuel sender, does anyone have the following info:

- I need to replace the resistive wire that is cut, anyone has the reference to find the correct replacement?
- Has anyone tried to modify the standard fuel sender to fit the old cluster? I know it is reversed, but there is probably a way to flip the arm and adjust the resistance so it is compatible?

Thanks

I have one of these senders sitting on a shelf. I could try measuring resistances, but at best it would be a guess what "level" I'm at. It is a 5 gauge sender

Back