• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Duder's Beige Brick - ARUNDL - 1981 242 DL +B230FT

Well I'm doing basically the same swap and was curious on how u were planing on doing the wiring for the lh?ive got multiple ideas but was just curious

There are a few documented K-jet to 2.4 swaps on the board here. It seems pretty simple. I think the main trick is using a 2.4 harness from a late 240, and not trying to modify the donor 700/900 harness.

There are a few documented K-jet to 2.4 swaps on the board here. It seems pretty simple. I think the main trick is using a 2.4 harness from a late 240, and not trying to modify the donor 700/900 harness.

This right here. I should have kept the 2.4 harness I had with my donor engine, but like an idiot I cut it and threw it away. The 700 harnesses are a pain in the ass to mod.

I've got this 242 in a nice spot now to be able to tear down the suspension...finally. It won't have to move for a while. It's not in anyone's way, and I'm no longer depending on it for daily transportation.

So of course, I went and put a Momo Prototipo on it tonight. Priorities!

SeOi9ZAh.jpg

i3vbLcgh.jpg

Last edited:
Fancitalian.

Yes, you are. Completely responsible. I saw the light after sitting in your car and realizing how much more enjoyable my car would be with a proper wheel.

Now the only question is whether or not to get an R-Sport horn button for it. The standard Momo one isn't bad at all.

Nice job Duder...I just read your thread (backwards, of course)....clean work - I'd love to come by and check out your ride sometime...

Word. Thanks. Honestly it's still a fairly stock 242, but I'd be happy to let you check it out if you want. My next step is removing all the stock suspension, measuring everything, and modeling it. Geeking out - yes - some might say it's overthinking to get that in depth for a 240 suspension, but I want to have a good idea of spring rates and roll resistance to get the F/R balance close from the beginning.

That's the same steering wheel that I plan to get for my 240. Where did you pick it up? Love your thread...

Thank you sir. I've seen a few other 240s with this wheel on the boards here and really liked the look. I was admiring the Prototipo as installed in the Singer Porsche 911 "reboot" cars, but I was thinking of a more modern suede covered wheel for the 240 originally. I decided the vintage look of the Prototipo compliments the dash design.

I got it directly from Momo USA through a contact there (friend of a friend).

what size is that, and how is gauge visibility? Looks good.

The OD is 350mm (about 13.75 inches). Gauge visibility is great. You can see close to my driver's eye view (a bit lower actually) in the second picture I posted. Once I swap my seats I will be sitting lower, so I think visibility will be as good as it was with the stock ship captain's wheel.

Momo's product page:

http://www.momousa.com/tuning/steering-wheels/prototipo-black.html

If you want an R-Sport button, you can have mine. It's brand new.

Thanks dude - I will take you up on that!

WM 5.0 is happening July ... i hope to see this back in SLO!

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=291121

Sweet, thanks for the tip Keith. This thing will be back together by then, with the B230FT swap done too if I can get a few solid days in the garage soon.

The question is whether I can get away for that weekend or not. I'll check with mission control, but my wife's birthday is the 5th...so yeah, not super likely.

Edit: unless she wants to spend her birthday drinking with Volvo nerds (which I guess is kind of inevitable either way).

Sweet, thanks for the tip Keith. This thing will be back together by then, with the B230FT swap done too if I can get a few solid days in the garage soon.

The question is whether I can get away for that weekend or not. I'll check with mission control, but my wife's birthday is the 5th...so yeah, not super likely.

Edit: unless she wants to spend her birthday drinking with Volvo nerds (which I guess is kind of inevitable either way).

I just called her. She says she's down.

Colour tone rails of sunroof

Front cover panel got 2 coats of Master Series and some "biscuit" colored appliance epoxy.
Volvo_sunroof_completed.jpg
Hey Duder,
can I ask you a question concerning the sunroof.
I am restoring a 264 GLE. In the next time I intend to reinstall the sunroof. These white liners/rails guiding the cables (at the right, left, front of your photo): Did they have this "bisquit" colour originally? Or were they in bright white? I like to restore my car in a way "back to maximum originality". So I am not sure wich color hue to take. I have the suspicion that the original white is darkened / yellowed with the years (occurs in cases of white laquered items kept in darkness - don't know the english expression... "yellowing" perhaps?). And the manufacturer is already "dead" for years now: no information available.:-(

So any help is apreciated to get the original color.
Thank you very much in advance! Nice car, you've got!!:-P
Regards
Clemens

Back