• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

531 head porting

hessam69

Hi,

Who's really good at porting heads? I can send my 531 head to sweden, but the language barrier could be a problem. Anyone in the USA renowned for head porting?

What language barrier? have you actually tried talking to anybody in sweden...I've known some of those guys to actually speak better english than some of us yanks.

Check in with the Volvo racers from OZ. One of the guys posts here. I think it's Mike Petch if I recall correctly. He could probably help you. Forg might know someone as well.

I use R&L Engines in Dover, New Hampshire. He's seen my 530 head a couple times. Work is very good and you will pay for it. He's also into boats so the odds are that he's seen some 531s in the past.

I want to use someone who has done a volvo head before. That's why I asked about Sweden and or USA

I would offer that there's nothing inherently mystifying about an ancient single cam volvo head and basically any competent performance shop should be able to turn it out better than it went in.

Back