• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

95 960 wheel fitment help

rearwheelpeel

Slow Learner
Hello, I?m having an incredibly difficult time using the search function on this forum, so I apologize for starting a new thread for this. I am trying to put 17 inch Pegasus wheels on my 1995 960. Ive got 12mm spacers because the wheels won?t clear the front struts. Where can I get extended studs for this car? I?ve seen pictures of my exact car running these exact wheels, I know a user on here ?mikezosix? had an ls swapped 960 wagon with them mounted up and I can?t for the life of me find the thread again. Does anyone have any info? Thanks

Are you absolutely sure that the wheels are hitting the front struts? If I recall, there is an issue with the hub bore of this wheel not working well on 960s, like the bore was not deep enough or something odd like that. You can make them fit, but you have to machine something down. So maybe that is what the problem is, but you are thinking it is hitting the strut?

Just throwing it out there.

go to google, type in your search terms and then finish with "site:tbforums.com" no quotes.
This wil limit googles search just to this site.
The search on this site sucks. It eliminates any terms 3 characters or less, you cant search for 240/940/b21/m47/amm/etc.

I did get them to fit, and they are currently on my car working fine. They just barely made contact with the stock front struts, so I got spacers to fix that issue, only to find that finding longer studs for my car was near impossible. (I did end up finding some from l-m-r in Sweden.) I got the front coilovers from classicswede and the wheels just clear them just enough where I can bolt them up without using any spacers. I ended up using lugs for an s40 to attach the pegs. I’ve gone about 80 miles or so on them and have been checking the torque on the nuts obsessively and so far all is good.

Back