• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

V6 A/C Question: Harrison to Sanden

sisu_slay

so for the people who have bertones. im getting ready to get cold blowing air, but i want to upgrade from the power sapping gm harrison. im wanting to go to one of the nissens or sandens from the later 760s and deloreans. i have someone who will make lines and also to use r12. can i use the original compressor brackets or would i have to swap the later brackets and idler pulleys? also should i go with the earlier sight glass drier (what it has) or the later silvery drier?

Don't forget the adjustment on the expansion valve. Turn the adjuster all the way in then back out two and a half turns. Like you think get the brackets and compressor from a b28 plus all the idlers and brackets.

maybe, but i was hoping that the old brackets would work or be slightly modified, as the b28 brackets seem to be unobtanium at the moment.

The brackets for the sanden on the 760/780 are different. Much smaller and lighter. Mounting arrangement on the head looked the same to me at a glance. You might be able to fabricate and adapter to mount the smaller Sanden in the big hole for a Harrison in the original brackets.
Aren?t there smaller lighter r134a replacements for the Harrison that might make this a little easier? Just replace the compressor and receiver dryer and don?t worry about lines? My gm catalog knowledge is not good but I?ve seen more than a few 70s-90s over here with the Harrison swapped out for something more modern.

lines are ancient and will need to be redone. i have also looked at sandens that hace harrison style cases but they are all 4seasons china crap. maybe i can drill some holes on the mount to move it closer together but if i cannot use the old swing mount or find 760 ones, im going to just order brackets and idler pulleys for a delorean.

Back